Thursday, February 19, 2009

Get Your "Groom" On

Let’s face it: personal grooming and having children don’t always mix.

Take yesterday, for example: I didn't brush my teeth. I was so busy with Cheeky Monkey, I didn’t remember until bedtime. So what did I do? I went to bed, of course! Why bother brushing my teeth when they were just gonna get yucky again? And besides, sleep trumps brushing my teeth any day.

You’ll be happy to know that today I did brush my teeth. But then after brushing them, the rest of my body felt skuzzy in comparison. So I decided to de-moustache, de-grease, and de-stink as soon as CM went down for his nap - it was a marathon of a grooming session.

Here is a list of today’s grooming accomplishments:

1. Plucked my eyebrows
2. Took a shower
3. Washed, conditioned, and brushed my hair
4. Shaved my pits
5. Exfoliated everything
6. Pumiced my alligator heels
7. Moisturized everything
8. Put on deodorant (!!!) – sometimes I forget
9. Brushed and flossed my teeth

What I still need to do:

1. Cut my nails – I will try not to drop the clippers in the toilet bowl
2. “Bush Whack”
3. Remove the four specs of toe nail polish on my toe nails

I hope I can get to the second half of my list before the week ends, but it’ll probably be another two weeks before that will happen. By then, I’ll have to start the whole process over again. *sigh*

To the mommies who can get their ‘groom’ on: my hats off to you! You are my heroes! I look forward to the day when choosing between personal hygiene and sleeping/taking care of my child is no longer a “Sophie’s Choice” moment.

7 comments:

CenzLuccsMom said...

I can totally relate! I was just thinking the other day that I have had my eyebrows waxed in months and they look pretty shaggy! LOL!

Mary K Brennan said...

I passed the mirror yesterday and I swore I was looking right at Bert. (You know Ernie's friend with the unibrow). It was horrible. And worst of all, no one told me. Kudos to you for rminding us all that sometimes you just need a little time for yourself.

Veronica Lee said...

My bangs cover my brows, so I don't have to worry about them!! But my pits, er... let's say I steer clear of sleeveless clothes.

Zeemaid said...

*L* I can relate too. These days any extra time in the bathroom means no breakfast for me before I have to rush out the door to get E to school. Extra grooming???? Just not gonna happen. a

The Sensible Momma said...

I love the blog! I have 2 boys and a boy dog, so I'm surrounded by testosterone, too! I'm a new follower-found you on the mom bloggers Follow Me group!

Fearless Mom said...

what we women have to do to look good!

Helene said...

I'm just happy if I get a shower each day. I shave my legs maybe 1-2 times a week (usually on weekends when my hubby is home to watch the kids so I can enjoy an extra long shower). I'm always in awe of those moms who have their hair nicely-styled all the time, gobs of make-up and beautiful clothes...where do they find the time??

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...