Sunday, February 8, 2009

Might As Well Face It, You're Addicted To Blog

Have you ever gotten to the point in your blogging life where you’ve spent so much time in front of the computer, you’re sick of it? That’s where I was on Wednesday night. What’s funny is that even though I had that nasty, ‘I-need-to-get-away-from-the-computer’ feeling, I still tried to force myself to blog through it! Now that’s what I call addiction!

When I finally turned the computer off, I decided it was time to take a break. Just one day to play with my son without looking at the computer longingly. One day to read something that’s not backlit. One day without blogging.

So I took Thursday off.
Then Friday.
And then Saturday.

I guess my eyes and my brain needed more time off than I had anticipated.

Here are some of the things I did by avoiding the computer’s siren song:
  1. Shopped at Costco
  2. Swept and vacuumed the floors in my house
  3. Cleaned the baby’s play area
  4. Put away our suitcases from last week's trip to California
  5. Loads and loads of laundr
  6. Played with my poor, neglected son
  7. Read all my favorite fashion blogs
  8. Read all my favorite mommy blogs
  9. Commented on some of my favorite blogs’ posts (which could technically be considered blogging, but come on! Cut me a break!)
  10. Sat on the couch and caught up on all the shows I DVR
  11. Actually cuddled with my dogs
  12. READ AN ENTIRE BOOK!
  13. Started reading a second book!
  14. Got to the middle of my latest copy of O magazine
  15. Transferred pictures from my camera onto my computer

Geez! All that in a day and a half! I can’t believe how time consuming blogging is. Oh, and guess what I found out? I don’t have insomnia! I actually have a case of what’s called ‘Get Off The Dang Computer Already’. A-mazing.

Anyway, from here on out, I’m going to make sure I take time out from blogging to do things that don’t require typing. That way, I won’t burn myself out. And my kid won’t be neglected. And my eyeballs won’t be red-rimmed from staring at the computer screen. I will find balance. Balance is good. Balance is sexy.

3 comments:

Veronica Lee said...

When my computer was sent for repairs, I did a lot of chores which were neglected and hubby is a lot happier!

beccad said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the prayers it is so sweet of you.

Zeemaid said...

Good for you. I, too, feel that I'm addicted to blogging lately. I just try and limit my time. Either that or my kids make me (they're older, they scream louder). But when 90% of my conversation to my hubby these days are about blogs I've read,it's too much.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...