Earlier this evening, I was forced to sit in the same room with my husband as he watched some scary movie called “Mirrors”. And when he watches movies, he likes to watch them in the dark. So there I was, in the dark, with a scary movie playing.
You're saying, "What's the big deal?" Well, let me tell you! Scary movies? They actually scare me. They don’t make me laugh, like some people (i.e. my husband). I don’t like to be scared. No way, man. I’m a big ‘ole scaredy cat and I have no problem admitting it. I don’t like the music, I don’t like the images, I don’t like any of it!
Normally, I would leave the room and do something else, somewhere else. But I couldn’t leave because the computer is in the same room, and I needed to check my email and blog before it got too late. So, to help me ignore the things going on onscreen, I wore my headphones, turned my iTunes on full blast, and read every blog in the universe. But then a bit of inspiration - I decided my uncomfortable situation would make a good Top Ten Tuesday!
A small list of things that make me afraid in some form or fashion:
- The first big drop on a roller coaster ride
- Scary Movies
- Zits on other people – I’m afraid it will pop on me OR somehow they might rub it on me and I might get one
- Beef Liver – the flavor, not the sight of it
- Any kind of bug that flies and/or jumps
- Mealy fruit – Yuck-O
- Greasy Hair – after a while, it feels like the roots of my hairs are sore…
- Mean Girls