Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What My Blog Does For Me

Janet Jackson once spectacularly said, "What have you done for me LATE-leeeeee?" A very important question to ask, my friends. And so, I ask myself, with all the time I've spent on this computer and all the energy I've spent on my blog, it is only fair to ask said blog:

What have you done for me late-lee? OooooOOOooOOOohhh, yeah!

And you know what my blog said in response (and with an attitude)? It said:

I'm more than a hobby, girlfriend! I'm your therapist! I'm your quasi online diary! Hello? I keep you from turning straight loco from all the craziness you insist on surrounding yourself with!

Oh.

My blog speaks truth. What my blog has done for me so far can be summed up in two little words: a lot. So, this week’s Top Ten Tuesday, I will list the top ten things it has done for my life.

The Top Ten Things That My Blog Does For Me
  1. Keeps me sane by letting me ‘share my feelings’
  2. Connects me with cool mommies around the world
  3. Allows me to practice and improve my writing skills
  4. Keeps me honest - ‘coz if I write something untruthful, my sister will call me out
  5. Keeps me in touch with my surroundings as I look out for good post topics
  6. Helps me use ‘big’ words, words other than ‘poo-poo’, ‘ba-ba’, and ‘um-um’
  7. Makes me laugh – some of the comments I get on my posts crack me up!
  8. Informed me that being a mommy makes me part of the Super Awesome Club
  9. Forces me to learn patience - especially when dealing with a temperamental internet connection, Blogger, etc., etc.
  10. Keeps my brain from turning into mush
And now, I'm gonna go YouTube that video...

11 comments:

Veronica Lee said...

Congrats, Jennifer. There'll be more awards on the way!

Insanity Kim said...

WOOOOHOOOO! :)

Mary K Brennan said...

Awesome Job Jen! You are so honest in your post, not to mention funny too. And that is why we all keep coming back. Thanks.

Kim said...

Congrats Girl! You deserve an award for honest and funny you are about all our crazy mommy issues.

blueviolet said...

Congrats on your awards! I haven't known you too long but I think you're fantastic!

Beth said...

Thanks Jennifer for the award! Your great at blogging as well!

Zeemaid said...

Thanks Jennifer for passing on the award.

... now who am I going to pass it on to? This will take some consideration. :)

Helene said...

Congratulations on your award!! I love reading your blog...I find your humor and honesty about motherhood very refreshing!!!

Nicole said...

Congrats and thanks! I have been to your page but must of have skipped right over that! :( but glad you let me know!!

Oh, about the Oscars - Everyone says they cut to Angelinas face, I must have looked away right when they did this! urghh! lol.

Fearless Mom said...

Thank you! That's so sweet of you.

Annette Piper said...

Congratulations!!! I agree blogs have changed so many lives for the better :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...