Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Cooking

HBL’s idea of cooking is taking two hours to prep, adding a cup of black pepper, and serving it lukewarm. Also, after serving it up, adding ketchup and hot sauce to his helping.

Right now, he is only entrusted with breakfast, sandwiches, grilling and the drive-thru.

I was in the middle of cooking dinner the other night when I told HBL I needed to take a shower. Sweet as he wants to be, he insisted I let him finish dinner so I could take one before the baby woke up from his nap. Of course, I recognized the sense in doing this, but was torn: should I take a chance and let him try a hand at dinner? Or should I just continue to be grubby until the next day? I chose the former in my musty desperation, but made sure to shower as fast as I could to lessen the damage that might be done (to my stomach).

Midway through my lightening quick shower, HBL opened the door to the bathroom and asked me, “Babe, when you say to ‘brown’ the chicken, do you mean cook it till it’s white or till it’s brown?”

Bless his heart.

12 comments:

Veronica Lee said...

LOL, your hubby is funny!

Tami said...

hahahaha, he's cute!

Betty said...

lol very funny.

...The Obnoxious SAHM.... said...

HHHAA!! oh for goodness sake. That is so funny.

FaithChick said...

Hubbies are so cute! Mine always cooks spaghetti when he cooks. Sometimes you can eat it and sometimes you can't. Depends if he is in a creative mood or not. Reguardless I always give him a pat on the butt for effort.

Fiona said...

LMAO very cute!

ahappyhippy mom said...

LOL! Very cute! My hubby loves to cook but leaves a HUGE mess afterward. I swear he finds a way to dirty every pot and pan in the kitchen but at least he is helpful! I love it when he cooks and gives me a break.

Kimberly said...

Awww, that was so sweet of him to offer to help out. My hubs likes to pretend that he has no idea how to cook. He makes a killer mac and cheese though so I know he's full of it. He just feels like that it is my responsibility to get the cooking done so he doesn't want to put in the extra effort. When he does cook though, rare as it is, I am in heaven! I love anyone that does stuff so that I dont have to!

blueviolet said...

So much to learn...so little time...

Zeemaid said...

*LOL* send the man for some cooking lessons STAT!

Mary K Brennan said...

Call in Rachel Ray STAT! Thirty minute meals (that actually taste good and easy to cook). Until then, don't forget the ketchup.

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

ROTFLMAO! Your hubby sounds exactly like my hubby when he's 'let loose' in the kitchen...needless to say, hubby's not 'let loose' very often... (GRIN!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...