Thursday, March 19, 2009

Family Vacation – The Highlights #1

Friends! I’m in Hawaii and it’s fantastic! The weather’s been a little wonky (overcast), but it’s been lovely otherwise. We’ve been having a great time seeing the sites, walking around Waikiki, eating, and relaxing. HABL wants to sell our house in Vegas and move to Hawaii. Who can blame him?

The Highlights #1

1. Monkey Man had his first swim in the ocean! But he was too sleepy to enjoy it. Wah-wah. We got him a cute little floating lily pad with its own built in shade, but he wasn’t excited about it at all. He wanted out of the water and onto a bed. We’ll have to bring him to the beach after nap time…

2. It’s my mission in life to eat at a McDonald’s restaurant in every state and country I visit. I love to see all the menu variations in different regions. Like here, in Hawaii, they have Saimin on the menu




and give you pineapple with your order



But another awesome item on their menu? Get ready for it: fried banana pie! And you can get it a la mode! Ugh, ugh, ugh. I love that place like it’s my boyfriend.

3. So far, we’ve only had one family argument (this morning) and it was because I said something that my brother didn’t think was funny. I hurt his feelings. But I apologized, so everyone is back on vacation mode.

4. Today, we went to Waikiki beach. It was the first sunny day we’ve had since being here, and let me tell you, the sun was hot. It was hurting me. Hurt. Ing. Me. While we were all walking to the beach, we talked about how excited we were to cool off in the water. Cool off? My sister and I both came out of the water with JuJu Bees that could cut glass.

And here’s a picture of the sign to the bathroom at the airport:



Our itinerary for tomorrow? Snorkeling at Hanauma Bay and a drive around the island.

I love being on vacation.

18 comments:

Tami said...

FUN! I want to go! Glad your having a great time.

CenzLuccsMom said...

I'm sooooo jealous!!! Sounds wonderful!! I remember going to a McDonald's in Italy and it felt so comforting, yet exciting to see what was new,LOL!!
And I could totally relate to the fight with your bro, I can't imagine how my bro and I would get through a trip without a fight, its just wouldn't be right, ya know?

Have fun!!!!!!
Hope CM naps and enjoys his next swim!

Swoozie said...

Hot hot sun, cold surf AND pineapple at McDonald's!! Sounds like heaven!

And speaking of "cold surf", your JuJu Bees comment was a hoot! LMAO!

Have fun snorkeling tomorrow!

Kimberly said...

Okay, I really want some fried banana pie! I'm not totally sure that I know what it is, but I WANT it! Yummy!

Glad to hear that you are having a great time. Keep cool!

Asianmommy said...

Oh how fun! I thought all McDonald's had the same menu everywhere you go. I'm going to have to start visiting them on vacation, too!

Quiskaeya said...

Sounds like you are having a blast. I too love visiting fast food in other countries. So interesting what unique local treats end up on the menu.

Marjorie & Maureen said...

I instantly connected with your introduction about you being surrounded by testosterone. I'm married to a wonderful man-we have 3 boys who are triplets and I have 2 male cats and my stepson lives with us. Aye! Mercy Me!
Love your blog!
Maureen

Betty said...

I didn't know the McDonald's menu changed, wow!

Cher said...

Just found your site and stopping to say Hi! Love Mcdonalds!

Tami said...

I awarded you the Bear Hug award.
Please come by and pick her up!

Gini said...

I am so surprised about the McDonalds thing. Didn't know that! Sounds like a fabulous vacation. I love being away, I love planning to be away, I love the anticipation once everything is planned. Sounds so nice.

Momma Snail said...

I am soo jealous right now! Not of your juju bees but of your vacation! Take lots of pics!

Shelly said...

I'm so freakin jealous. My brother lives in Hawaii and I still haven't visited. Never been there. Have fun. BTW I so want to try that fried banana pie.

Tess @ Six Feet Under Blog said...

That would be so fun to visit there befor I die!

Insanity Kim said...

I would have never thought McDonald's would have varying menus...that is a blog in and of itself!!

Keep having fun!!

DawnS said...

I LOVE Hawaii - sounds like you are having a great time! I'm over from FMFY and looking forward to reading up on your blog!

Deb said...

Enjoy snorkeling. Sounds like you are having a great time. Hawaii is fabulous, even when it's cloudy or rainy.

I just gave you the lemonade award, come on by and pick it up when you finish with your Hawaii adventure :)

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

I so want to go to Hawaii some day...that's one of the places on my 'wish list'...for now, I'll have to live vicariously through your posts and pictures! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...