Monday, March 23, 2009

Family Vacation - The Highlights #2

Aloha, friends! I’m writing this post with an aching belly full of food. We just got back from a luau and we’re all in serious pain.



But what’s new? I’ve had an eat-till-you-puke mentality since getting off the plane. And boy, do I have the ‘food baby’ belly to prove it. I’ve given up trying to suck in my stomach. I mean, what’s the use? I go from looking seven months pregnant to five.

The last time we talked, the fam and I were going to go snorkeling at Hanauma Bay. Unfortunately, the bay was closed to swimming because of a jelly fish hazard! Apparently, nine to ten days after a full moon, jelly fish come close to the shoreline and sting anything that they come into contact with. Yeeks. We’re hoping they’ll be gone before we leave so we can attempt to snorkel.

Instead, we went hiking in Manoa Falls and it was ridiculously beautiful there:


Oh, before I forget, I want to thank you all for the comments you’ve been leaving me on my last post. It was so nice to hear from you all. I apologize now for not being able to reply back, as computer use in our hotel is costing mucho dinero, but I am reading them and loving them all! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Next on our agenda? Diamond head, ATV riding through the jungle at Kualoa Ranch and shopping!

7 comments:

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

The pictures are stunning! Vacations are meant for the 'eat-till-you-puke' mentality...that's one of the perks of vacations, isn't it? ;) At least that's what I tell myself when I'm on vacation...(grin!)

Hopefully the jelly fish will depart so you'll have a chance to snorkel before you go! :)

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Is this Germaine's Luau that I am looking at in these photos? This post brings back such lovely memories for me of Hawaii.

While I am still insanely jealous, I am also super glad that you are having the time of your life.

Just don't forget to bring me home a souvenir. :)

-Francesca

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

Love your pics! Looks like you had such an awesome time! Oooh, that McD's looks yum! Fried banana pie?! I am so hungry for it now!
Left you something over at my place! Happy Day!

shunee said...

Your pictures are so pretty. I hope you guys are having a great time :)

Tess said...

ok, you are really making me want to go there!

Asianmommy said...

Beautiful shots! Sounds like a wonderful time.

Swoozie said...

Everything looks so lush and green!
Hope you get some snorkeling time in ~~ go away jellyfish!

And I say YUM to luau food! Dig in! I'm dying for a huge plateful right NOW! But the sad truth is all I have in the house that even resembles Hawaiian food is a lousy can of pineapple chunks! Wah!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...