Friday, March 27, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Did I say that I love to travel? Surely, I must have been mistaken. We got home yesterday morning and I have either been asleep or sleep walking since then. Who invented jet lag? I must strangle them.

[BTW: When did Oprah straighten her hair?! Have I missed that much since I’ve been gone?]

We got home at about eleven yesterday morning and the most we could do was stop by our favorite sub shop to pick something up to eat before coming home. But when we got home, we barely managed to unload our bags and our baby before we all crashed: me on the couch, Monkey Man in his crib, and HBL in our bed. My ding dang boobs kept waking me up to pump, though. Otherwise, I’d still be sleeping. Zzz…

Even though jet lag is kicking my butt, I am really glad to be home. I don’t know if anyone else gets like this, but there comes a point when I’m on vacation that I get homesick. I get tired of being on vacation and want to go home to my bed, my house, and my stuff. Weird? Maybe.

[Random: Who loves jerky? Because I sure do. Beef, turkey, fish. I’ve even had vegan jerky and liked it. Something about that smokey, salty flavor. Actually, during my second pumping session last night, I ate a small bag of jerky. Now how’s that for a welcome home dinner?]

Anyway, I will probably need one more day of rest and reacquainting myself with the internet again before I get back to my old Las Vegas self, that is, my “blogging regularly / Twittering semi-regularly / checking email frequently / continuing to grow and nurture my relationship with Dreamboat” self.

… and then I’ll need another vacation.

I’m so excited to be back!

7 comments:

Swoozie said...

Welcome Home! Your bed, your house AND your stuff were probably really happy to see you as well!

I miss all of the those things when I'm gone too. Even if it's just a long week-end trip away ---- it's always SO NICE to pull into your own driveway and say "Whew! I'm Home!".

Glad you're back safe & sound!

Veronica Lee said...

Welcome home. You've been missed and thanks for the consoling words you left in my blog. I thank God every night for friends like you.

Kristen Andrews said...

welcome back jet lag is the pits!

Lydia Dustin said...

Sounds like you need a vacation to a vacation to recover from your vacation...Anyway when you go on vacation with kids it's never a restful it's always more work for the mom. :)

Fiona said...

We just got back too! I'm in denial about the laundry!

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Welcome home! I totally relate about getting 'homesick' when you're away...there's just nothing like being in your own house in your own bed with your own 'stuff'. It's nice to get away, but it's sure nice to come home, too! :) We love jerky over here, too - hubby likes to find the spiciest kinds he can, I prefer teriyaki as does the Princess Nagger... ;)

Kimberly said...

Welcome home! You just cant replace the feeling that you get when you are completely comfortable. To me thats what home represents. Ultimate comfort.

I haven't checked out Oprah in a while, did she seriously straighten her hair again? I need to watch now for sure to check this out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...