Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sick: A Four-Letter Word

Guess who has self-diagnosed herself with strep throat?

Of all the rotten luck.

I was feeling sicky when we got home from vacay, but I chalked it up to jet lag and maybe a cold I might have caught on one of the planes we were on. I immediately went into “Mind Over Matter” mode, which works most of the time. But this time, not so much.

After I brushed my teeth this morning, I wanted to examine my molars so I could convince myself that I could live without white fillings (don’t ask). When I started checking them out, I saw that my left tonsil was covered with white spots! Yuck-o.

Since it’s Sunday, of course there are no doctors working. Mine doesn’t even work Fridays. So, I have no choice but to wait for tomorrow to schedule an appointment. Strep can wait a day, can’t it?

In the meantime, who wants to get wild and crazy and take a drink out of my glass?

8 comments:

Tami said...

I'm sorry your sick, I've had a soar throat for a month now. (The original cold I had last month never really went away) grrrr, feels like I'm swallowing glass. uh..errr..maybe it's because I didn't finish all my antibiotic?! GET WELL! and plzzzzzzz go to the doctor!! don't be like me heh heh.

Fiona said...

bummer... i hate strep. get to the doc tomorrow!

ahappyhippy mom said...

Awwww you too? I have this nagging sore throat and running a temp! Aiden is also sick with a runny nose. I thought we beat the flu season and was so happy we did not get it this year! We had to attend school concert for my daughter a few days ago and I am sure that is how we caught this!

Hope you feel better soon!

blueviolet said...

You poor thing. I hope you get some meds going quickly and fight it off.

Mary K Brennan said...

At least it happened after vacation. Get better soon!

Kimberly said...

Sick + Nursing = no great meds usually. I hope that you feel better and can get something to make you feel better. Being sick sucks!

Deb said...

That's no way to end your Hawaiian get away! Hope you are on the mend ASAP!

Jennifer said...

Thank you, ladies for your well wishes. I had my doctor's appointment today, so I have my meds now. Hopefully strep will get it's butt kicked to the curb fast! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...