Thursday, April 9, 2009

Darn That Paula Deen!

I’ve written about that darned Paula Deen before, and her temptress ways. Well, she’s at it again!

I was very busy working on Dreamboat this evening, when I happened to hear her voice in the background, talking about Bananas Foster.

I hate to admit how easily I can be distracted, especially when it comes to food, but what could I do? She was waving butter in my face! I had no other choice but to succumb to her siren song. I was watching her intently:



Slice the bananas, y’all (slice, slice)

Melt that buttaah! (siiizzle)

Mix in the brown sugaaah… (bubbling)

And don’t fuhget the dark rum (sip, sip)


The drool was threatening to leak out of my mouth and wet my shirt.

A Message to Ms. Paula Deen:

Paula, stop this nonsense! It’s just not right. Until someone invents some sort of Sci-Fi / George Jetson portal where I can stick my head through the TV set and smell and taste what you’re cooking, stop making the good stuff. A girl should not have to suffer like this. Instead, make something I can resist: brown rice and boiled cabbage.

16 comments:

Sherry said...

Yet another reason that we don't have cable beyond those boring local channels. ;)

Veronica Lee said...

Who's Paula Deen?

Manic Mother said...

She is awful, almost all of her recipes start off with a "stick of buttah" but I love her too, and I love bananas foster.

Fiona said...

AMEN sista, what is with that? I'm pavlov whenever Paula Dean speaks and my bootie lights up just hearing the word "buttah"! I once saw her on Larry King and she was so funny talking about her hair color. "Honey, I just use that purple shampoo and call it good."

Tami said...

hahahaah Caleb (our 6 year old) watches Food Network! His favorite? Paula Dean..
He says.. Y'alllllllll, and he's a BUTTER fanatic!
She's sinful in a Ooh so delicious way! LOL

Suzanne said...

Well, guess what...I made it! Yep...that's the problem. I see it, want it and make it! It happens to be a family favorite so I took it as a sign. It was soooo good, too! LOL

schnider_am said...

I can't ever watch Paula. Everything she makes I always get tempted and have to go and make it because it looks so good. So much for watching the waist line when I watch her. LOL.

CenzLuccsMom said...

Mmmm, looks delightful!!!!!

Steph said...

Thank you Paula, but this girl never forgets the rum! I asked for a Paula cookbook for Christmas and my mom said that probably wasn't a good idea considering I was trying to lose all that weight.
But I love buttah.

Helene said...

I love Paula Deen....but just watching her show clogs my arteries. I could listen to her accent all day, though!!

Jennifer said...

@ Veronica - Veronica, she's an American cook who believes in cooking with as much butter, sugar, mayonnaise, and cream cheese as possible... and everything she makes looks DELICIOUS! ;-)

http://www.pauladeen.com/

Chelsea said...

I love her. She gets me every time. She makes these things called fried grits with sausage. Let me just warn you...good for the soul BAD for the heart!

Annette Piper said...

ooooh, it looks GOOD!!! Nigella Lawson gets me in a bit too although I try to stay away from cooking shows...as if there's not already temptation enough everywhere I look, do I need it on the TV screen as well?

AudreyO said...

Her recipes are amazing. So yummy.

MoodyMommy said...

wow that looks soooo good!!!! Wish Paula Deen was my mom!!!

Coming by from Mom Bloggers Club..FollowMe group

Zeemaid said...

getting caught up on my er your posts and boy I'm just about ready to drool over that pic. I think you and I share the same foodie cravings. *L*

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...