Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I Love My Kid

I’ve been attempting to write this post for three hours now. Unfortunately, I’ve been preoccupied, spending increasing amounts of time looking at every picture I’ve ever taken of My Monkey since he was born.

In light of the tragic passing of my brother-in-law and sister-in-law’s baby, Kaden, from a Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia, it has forced me to see, with new eyes, the awesomeness that is parenthood: crying, sleepless nights, tantrums, and all.

I’ve seen mommies on other blogs write sweet, heartfelt letters to their children, and with my new appreciation for all things Monkey, I find it hard not to jump on the band wagon, because I LOVE HIM, I LOVE HIM, I LOVE HIM!



Dear Monkey Man,

Hello little dude. How are you doing? Are you enjoying your nap? I sure am. But I can’t wait until you wake up (honestly), so I can kiss you and squeeze you and love you all over. You will enjoy it so much!

I wanted to take just a tiny sliver of your time to let you know that I love you so very much. I also want to apologize in advance for being the mom who talks about you all the time, even when you’re standing right next to me. I’m sorry I will be the mom who will force you to kiss me on the lips in public, in front of your friends, and in front of your school. I will do my best to try and keep my heart on the inside of my sleeve so that you can look cool in front of your friends. I will also do my darnedest not to accompany you on dates.

Your dad will probably take your side when it comes to letting you venture out on your own, to do your own thing. But don't you worry, I will (begrudgingly) give you my blessing as well. If, however, you hear someone crunching popcorn in your ear at the movie theater, don’t be alarmed: it’s just me, mom. I like being close to you.

I love you forever!

Love,
Mommy



*Thank you, everyone, for your thoughts and prayers. Your support and kind words have warmed mine and my husband’s heart. We love you guys!

12 comments:

Insanity Kim said...

Praying for comfort and peace for all of your family during this time!!!




(your blog looks great!)

ModernMom said...

Make sure you print off that sweet little letter and put it in a safe place. Lovely.
Hugs to you and yours.
MM

Swoozie said...

Jennifer, Your post brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful letter to write to your little Monkey. It is sweeter than sweet~~What a lucky little boy!

Lisa from PinkInAHouseofBlue said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your nephew. You and your family our in our thoughts and prayers!

Banteringblonde said...

What a sweet letter... definitely keep it safe! I'm thinking of you, take care.

MommaD said...

sending love and hugs from a house dealing with the loss of a loved one this week as well..and i try to kiss my bugger goodbye before the bus comes around the bend, but sometimes it is hard to keep the cool factor for him :P

Veronica Lee said...

((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))

and prayers from Malaysia.
I'm really touched by your post today.

God Bless.

Stacie said...

I am so sorry to hear of your nephew's passing. Lifting your entire family in prayer at this time.

The letter to your sweet boy is perfectly precious. I agree with Modern Mom, you'll want to print that letter. What a special gift to give to him someday.

Thank you for stopping by my blog. And thank you for sympathizing with me about my daughter getting her shots. They are dreadful little things.

Be blessed today.

Noah's Mommy said...

Tears in my eyes! I LOVE LETTERS LIKE THIS!

Fearless Mom said...

Your letter is so sweet. Sorry to hear about your nephew. What a tragedy.

Stephanie Stearns Dulli said...

I feel the same way about my Monkey! Thank you for visiting my blog. Always lovely to meet another actor/mommy/blogger! My heart goes out to your sister in law and brother in law. Heartbreaking.

BrnEyedGal said...

I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your nephew! May God hold you all in his hands for comfort and peace!
Thanks for stopping by my blog...what a lovely comment you left! (The note to your son was so touching...Its funny I read that right after writing the post about my son too!)
We both are very lucky to have the little men that we do!!!
BrnEyedGal

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...