Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Backstage Tour

You’ve heard me talk about being a musical theater actress. Well, today, I’m going to give you a teeny tiny backstage tour using pictures I took at my old show!

BACKSTAGE
A picture of what you would see from backstage, looking out onto the stage from the side. It's dark back there, we don't want anyone from the audience seeing us peeking through!

VOCAL BOOTHS
Lots of times, when you go to a show, you will hear background vocals, even when there are only one or two people on stage. Well, now you know: we’re singing from backstage, in vocal booths.

TRAP ROOM
This was our ‘Trap Room”, where the trap door of our show was located. We also used it as a rehearsal space, a place to warm-up, hang out and work out.

THE HOUSE

This is a picture of our view of 'the house' (where the audience sits) from backstage, before the show started. The scrim (backdrop) is lowered about an hour before the show begins.

Aaah, the memories. I miss my old job. *sigh*

Hope you enjoyed the tour!

23 comments:

ahappyhippy mom said...

Ok now that is just to cool! I LOVE it! Did you ever get stage fright?

Swoozie said...

Thanks for giving us a "backstage glimpse!" as I am a chicken at heart and would be deathly afraid to be on that stage in front of real live people! Oh the horror for both me and THEM!
Yay Jennifer!

Tami said...

I'm looking forward to you moving to LA, so we can see ya perform!
Caleb's never been to anything like this! He'd dig it!

I am Harriet said...

How fun!
thanks

Andrea Frederick said...

Whew...looks exciting!

ModernMom said...

Thanks for the insider tour!

Candy Graber said...

Wow, very cool! Thanks for sharing and welcome to ATWT!

Leslie said...

Thanks for the tour. That was pretty neat!

Anissa said...

That must be so much fun! TFS

Kelly said...

Great post...I learned a lot!

Martha (FL) said...

Thanks for the tour. Welcome to ATWT.

Sweet Serendipity said...

So cool. I studied ballet for 9 years and LOVED performing. I miss the backstage excitement. There is no feeling in the world like being on stage when the curtain opens!

The Mom Jen said...

VERY cool! My oldest daughter is a competitive dancer and we see most of that kind of stuff during this time of year. So neat! Thanks for joining in and I love your blog style!

Angie Marion said...

cool! Thanks for sharing!

pam said...

Pretty cool perspective!

Mary K Brennan said...

What a cool job. Thanks for the tour. By the way, if I haven't commented on your new blog design, I just wanted to tell you I love it! Did you do it, or have someone do it for you? It captures your personality perfectly.

shelley said...

hi jennifer,
i love the theater! i only wish i could sing and act, i bet you are wonderful as your pictures were!
hugs,
shelley

Banteringblonde said...

That was fun! Thanks for the tour!

Tess said...

How cool! If only I could act!
Please vote for my card this last week-Im almost there!

ModernMom said...

I'm back again to tell you I just tagged you with an award over at my blog!
Please pop on over and pick it up!

Zeemaid said...

very cool tour. Thanks for sharing.

Love your new look by the way. Looks gorgeous! :)

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Enjoyed the tour very much! Thanks for sharing! :)

MommaD said...

loving those pics, great stuff--had no idea about vocal booths ?!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...