When we bought our house three years ago, we had grand ideas of bringing it out of its 1980s splendor and into the 2000s. Three years later, we still have those same grand ideas. But now that Monkey is on the verge of walking and grabbing things that should be affixed to the floor or wall or door, we’ve got to get a serious move on!
Today, I had the unpleasant task of painting a very cramped, shelved closet. I haven’t picked up a paintbrush and roller since we first moved into our home, and today I was reminded of the reasons why.
Top Ten Reasons I Don’t Want To Do It Myself
- Paint on my body and in my hair
- A sore arm
- A burning shoulder
- Washing paint brushes is a drag
- A one hour job turns into twenty four
- If a professional is paid to clean up, then why am I not?
- There is always a point when ‘missing a spot’ is okay
- I can take a break for as long as I want. My last one was three years
- When they say to make sure you paint in a well-ventilated area, listen
- If it doesn’t look nice, I have no one else to blame