Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday Random Roundup - Vol. 1

I’m a scatterbrain today.

Mondays, in general, have me running around like a chicken with its head cut off. I feel like everything that needs to be addressed doesn’t make itself obvious until Monday. On Mondays, my brain refuses to focus. I can’t seem to keep my thoughts from wandering, nor am I able to speak in complete sentences. Mondays are the day when I just want to be a lump on the couch… but that can’t happen until my To-Do list is cleared.

Monday, Monday, MONDAY!


Random Thought
One of the dogs made a doo in front of the back door. I have to clean it up. I think I need a break from dealing with other beings’ doo.

Today’s To-Do List
Clean the house
Shop for groceries
Pay bills
Laundry
Price out our front yard landscaping
Figure out what to make for dinner

Thought of the Morning
Today is Monday, you know. I’m just amazed by how fast the days move. When I was younger, I remember a day feeling like forever. Now, a day feels like a split second. I feel like high school was only a couple years ago, but here I am with a child, a husband, a house, and two dogs. How in the world did it happen so fast?

Challenge Update
I was watching American Idol the other night (watching the hotness that is Adam Lambert NOT get voted off), when that darned Gwen Stefani - mother of two, no less - shows up on my TV screen looking like she was twenty one years old, with a body to match. It forced me to think about the ten pound challenge: I admit it, I fell off the wagon! And I’ve been walking alongside it, holding a corn dog in one hand and a soda in the other, wondering, “Why can’t I lose any weight?!” Well, thank you Gwen Stefani. I am re-inspired and back on track. I want to join your club and look twenty one again, too.

Memes
Last week I was tagged to participate in two memes. The first, by Mommy24cs at A Party of Six with Twenty Questions, and the second, by Shelley at I’m Still Standing with Eight Questions (I already completed the Eight Questions Meme, but there were additional questions in Shelley’s version that I wanted to answer.)

Twenty Questions

1. What are your current obsessions?
Using my netty pot (allergies!), Adam Lambert, fashion magazines, and coupon clipping…

2. Which item from your wardrobe do you wear most often?
Outside of PJs, skinny jeans

3. Last dream you had?
Someone shot me in the clavicle. Scary, I know

4. Last thing you bought?
Baby food and snacks, Mother’s Day cards, a fedora hat. All at the same place: Target (I love you)

5. What are you listening to?
The hum of the AC, my dog scratching at the door, wanting to come back inside the house, and Ray Lamontagne

6. What do you want to be when you grow up?
A Golden Globe winner

7. Favorite holiday spots?
EUROOOPEEE! Home in California

8. Reading right now?
“Happy Baby Colors”, an interestingly simple book: it’s ten pages long, with ten words total

9. Four words to describe yourself:
Sensitive, funny (if I do say so m’self), quirky, lazy

10. Guilty pleasure?
Sleep

11. Who or what makes you laugh until you’re weak?
My sister and my friends Rod, Kimi and Ruthie

12. Place you would like to travel to?
HBL and I would love to visit New Zealand. I would love, LOVE, lurv to backpack in Europe

13. Planning to travel to next?
My sister and I are in charge of figuring out our big family vacations, so we’re tossing around the idea of visiting Vancouver and Toronto

14. Best thing you ate or drank lately?
Hot Chocolate. That’s right, hot chocolate in 90+ degree heat.

15. Favorite cocktail drink?
I don’t drink. I don’t like the taste of alcohol. Seriously.

16. Favorite ever film?
Gone With The Wind

17. Care to share some wisdom?
In general, everything gets better once you’re finished with your 20s. Especially since freaking out about turning 30 dies once you’re actually 30.

18. Song you can't get out of your head?
“Evergreen” sung by Adam Sandler on the Tonight Show

19. Thing you are looking forward to?
Losing weight and looking snatched on my birthday later this month

20. TV shows you have got to watch:
American Idol Finale, Biggest Loser Finale, Grey’s Anatomy, Ugly Betty, Today Show with Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb

8 Questions

8 Of My Most Favorite Yummy Food:

1. My grandma’s fried chicken
2. Furikake and rice
3. Fresh baked chocolate chip cookies
4. Filipino food
5. Chicken nuggets/strips/pieces with honey mustard
6. Pepperoni pizza with ranch dressing
7. Japanese food
8. Indian food


8 Ways I Kill Time:

1. Reading blogs
2. Reading fashion magazines
3. Playing “Babysitter Mania” and “Scrabble” on my DS
4. Window shopping
5. Baking
6. Watching TV
7. Cleaning my house
8. Doing laundry

8 Things To Do Before I Die:

1. Become a leisure world traveler
2. Have three or four kids. I know, I know…
3. Be a series regular on a sit-com
4. Win a Golden Globe Award
5. Live in Paris and/or London for a short time
6. Be fluent in five languages
7. Write a book or two
8. Be in a Broadway show


Off to complete my To-Do list. I hope you have a great Monday!

13 comments:

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day. Enjoy your Monday!

Ummm, what's a netty pot? Off to google it...

LZ said...

Ah, Mondays...
Fridays have started to lose their appeal for me, because, as a stay at home mom, my days are pretty much the same, weekend or not, but Monday? Still feels pretty awful! Maybe because DH goes to work?
I've got to disagree about Adam, though...just can't listen. Go Kris!!

Manic Mother said...

I like Adam too! And I have been sucking at my weight losss the last few days, bdays and mothers day killed me!

Deb said...

I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! I just got to see Gone with the Wind last Friday on the big screen. Fantastic!!!

I love love love that movie. What a great story! What great characters! That is my mind's eye pic of the golden years and stars of Hollywood. Sigh...

Daiquiri said...

Walking alongside the wagon with treats in hand...love it :) I just wish I knew what it would take to motivate me. Whatever it is, I haven't found it yet.

And I'm with you on the random thought!

Thanks so much for commenting today - very nice to hear from you :)

Mary K Brennan said...

Don't be so hard on yourself Jen. Gwen Stefani has a body like that because someone else completes her "to do" list while she spends time with a trainer.
I think Mondays are like car washes. All you really need to do is show up and enjoy the ride. If you put too much effort into it, let's face it, you'll miss all the cool stuff and just blow out the other side. It's best to stay in neutral! Hopefully Tuesday treats ya better.

Buckeroomama said...

'I fell off the wagon! And I’ve been walking alongside it, holding a corn dog in one hand and a soda in the other, wondering, “Why can’t I lose any weight?!”'

You are funny!

For always giving me a chuckle or two when I read your posts, I make you "Queen of ALLL things Awww-summm." Do drop by my blog to grab it. :) Have a great day.

Morgan said...

I totally agree about how time used to go SOOOO slow as a kid, but now it passes by in a split second. It's crazy.

So turning 30 really isn't a big deal once you hit 30? That's good to hear. I remember when I used to think people in their 30's looked really old; now I just think they look young, or like me. Things sure change!

The Daily Dean Chronicals said...

Ok! Happy Monday! You are so right about the Ms. Stefani! Who does she think she is looking better that us, "really Mommies" with no trainers and nannies! Also...I am curious about you #3. Shot in the clavicle? Really??? I wonder why there? Also I might have to copy this myself and post it! Have a great day...on to Tuesday!

Banteringblonde said...

phew you are one busy lady! I also like Adam Lambert and I'm off the wagon but I'm planning to get back on it....again

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Time seems to fly by in the blink of an eye, doesn't it? But it sure did drag endlessly when we were kids (and just ask the Princess Nagger - a minute feels like an hour to her...LOL!)

Gwen Stefani was something else, wasn't she? Definitely motivation to drop that corn dog and soda and hop on that wagon! ;)

Veronica Lee said...

I would love to live in Paris or London too, for a short time.

BrnEyedGal said...

Yes I too think Gwen Stefani looks just awesome....
And I will have to lose more than just 10 lbs to compete with her, LOL.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...