Thursday, May 28, 2009

Random. And Then Some.

Random Thought
Why can’t this house stay clean?

I tried to clean up the dining room and the dining room table (which happens to be the catch-all area of my house) and though I made a serious dent, it’s still a mess! Can I be frank? I hate cleaning. The only time cleaning will ever be satisfying to me is when it stays immaculate forever.


Today’s To-Do List
• Sweep/Mop/Vacuum – Don’t I do this every day?
• Shop for groceries
Figure out what to make for dinner I’m going to a birthday dinner! I almost forgot!
• Get a birthday card for a soon-to-be twelve-year-old
• Go to the ATM and get cash for the soon-to-be twelve year old (am I the only one who didn’t know they prefer cash these days?)


Thought of the Morning
It is so hot here. It got so hot, so soon. It’s not even officially summer!

Where were you, mild 80s? I waited for you to show up all year, and you never came?

Oh… hello scorching hot 1000s. I see you’re back in town. *shifts eyes*


Challenge Update
The twenty-eight days were up last week. And here are the results: down three pounds. It ain’t ten, but it’s a lot better than up five! I’ll take it!


Random Picture

A New Jar


AAAAARRRRGGGG!!!

13 comments:

Tami said...

hahhaha I like the *shifts eyes* I'll be up there this weekend!
Moving, packing, getting ready for the BIG move!

When I hit up walmart tonight on my way in, I'll stop by that isle, and think of you..LOL.
You crack me up!

Buckeroomama said...

Congrats on the 3-lb loss. :) I've been reading so much about the 30-Day Shred that I'm now desperately seeking a copy. The two shops here where I can normally get these are all out of stock. Arrgh.

Cairo Typ0 said...

Congrats on the weight loss!! :)

What is it about dining room tables? I've never met one that wasn't a catch all. :p

CenzLuccsMom said...

Congrats on the weight loss!!! I hate cleaning too, I do everything to avoid it until it piles up to the point where I cannot ignore it anymore or until my in-laws visit!

Veronica Lee said...

congrats on the weight loss!!
BTW, rojak is a fruit salad in a smelly, shrimpy sauce!!

ModernMom said...

LOL Housework is a thankless job. I hate hate it too!
MM
PS I can't have those tasty little peanuts in my house, they are good on their own but even better on top of a hot fudge sundae!

Two Pretty Little Skirts said...

Tell your (soon to be) 12 yo happy birthday!
Congrats on the weight loss and keep up the good work!

PS> You've been nominated over at my blog...go see what for ;)

Dawn

Maricris Zen Mama said...

we should be best buddies in that cleaning department! Would love to have a cleaning lady clean my house and not me! :)

Hope your day is fantastic!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

peanuts!?! I love peanuts! I can tell you why my house isn't clean...I blog!!

Noah's Mommy said...

your random thought...is my daily random thought...lol...thanks so much for coming by on my feature day....I'm so happy you came by...

Valentine said...

i hate everyday cleaning, i'd rather spend a couple hours and knock it out in one day then a little each day....is that weird?

that jar of peanuts made me so hungry, haven't had peanuts in forever, now i think i need to get some!

stopping by from SITS to say hi!

The Bumbles said...

I think it's great that you included a picture of your nemesis the Peanut jar!

And honestly - losing around 3-4 pounds a month is a much more realistic and healthy goal than 10. So well done with 3! Keep up the good work.

Zeemaid said...

no cleaning is never fullfilling and nor will it every be. I actually space out my day so I can cram all the basics in and then goof off blogging, playing with the kids, reading etc. I leave the really big cleaning jobs, like washing floors, cleaning behind the fridge/stove, washing walls etc to hubby. That's right.

If I'm keeping all the rest together, he can do the dirty work.

Unfortunately this does not seem to apply to bathrooms *sigh*

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...