Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sew Amazing

Dreamboat has some competition. Here’s why:


My Key Chain



You see, I’ve been a fan and quasi-collector of all things Sanrio since I was in the second grade. In fact, I have every single Sanrio item I’ve ever received and purchased saved in a box at my mom’s house.

Last year, while perusing all things Sanrio online, I found the perfect birthday/Christmas gift for myself!

Tadaaaa!



So I called my mom.

My mom happened to be my old Sanrio Pusher, so I figured my chances of getting it from her were good. Besides, if I asked HBL, he would’ve scrunched his face up in incredulity, and said, "Really?"…

I told her what I wanted, and hoped and hoped and hoped... and she got it for me! Yippee! Problem was, once I got it, I didn’t have any time to take it out of its box! So it’d been sitting there, unopened, for eight long months, waiting to be used, until today.




If you were to judge this book by its cover, you'd think I wasted my mom's money on a toy sewing machine. You'd think I waited all this time to use it, only to have it break on the first stitch. But no, friends, she really works! And she’s so much better than my old machine: she’s quieter, she’s lighter, she's CUTER, and she sews through jeans like a hot knife through butter! What more could you ask for?

I can feel it. This baby is going to take me places! PLACES, I say!

24 comments:

Tami said...

Adorable sewing machine! heh heh, when you come to LA, I'm gunna have to have you teach me to sew LOL. I have one (not a Sanrio) just a singer, but dang it's till in the box. LOL

Suzanne said...

Hey Beauty! I love hello Kitty. Seriously, I'm sure people think I should grow up but who cares, right? Your sewing machine is so cute...I wish I'd seen it sooner. If only you could teach me to sew!!! Show us what you make with that adorable machine.

carma said...

sounds like a good buy then! Enjoy your new sewing machine...Stoppin' by from SITS to say "hi" and welcome. I know that you will enjoy being a part of this vibrant community of bloggers!
carma :-)

CenzLuccsMom said...

I love it, so cute!! I miss sewing. I used to make quilts, but haven't had time in the last 2 1/2 years, wonder if I ever will again?? LOL

sandy said...

Ha! I love it! Who wouldn't want to sew something on that beauty?

I stopped by to welcome you to SITS! It's great to have you in the SITStahood:0)

Taryn said...

Were you and I separated at birth? ;)
I am starting to get back into the "Hello Kitty" phase. When I was a child, Sanrio was ALL I could think about. I think the best Christmas I ever had was when I received nothing but Sanrio stuff! It's all I wanted. What I wouldn't give to have some of that stuff now. Now I am back on the wagon, going ga-ga for anything Hello Kitty! I love her!
Stoppin' by from SITS and wanted to welcome you to the SITStahood, Darling!

Love,
Taryn

ModernMom said...

So cute almost makes me want to learn how to sew! Enjoy!

Jenjen © GottaLoveMom said...

Wow.. I didn't think they make such adorable Sanrio sewing machines.
I remember my Sanrio-years..

Have Fun!

Insanity Kim said...

I cannot wait to see what you create with your fancy Sanrio sewing machine! Happy Happy Joy Joy!

LZ said...

What a great find for a collector! And the bonus of functionality! Enjoy!

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

THAT...IS...THE...CUTEST! I don't sew, but I want one!

K said...

Everybody should have a few things they love!

I hope the sewing machine takes you lots of places.

Welcome to SITS!

Cammie said...

stopping by from SITS to welcome you! Hope you enjoy getting to know everyone!

Joy said...

That is beyond cute! I love how you call your mom your Sanrio pusher. ROFL!

Just wanted to stop by and say welcome to the SITS community!

Sweet Serendiptiy said...

Oh, how can you not create fabulousness with a machine like that?! It's adorable!
My daughter shares your love for all things Sanrio. There's a store are our mall...it's dangerous!

BrnEyedGal said...

That has got to be just the cutest little sewing machine ever!!! LOVE IT!
BTW...Can you stop by my blog...Ive got an award for ya!!! :)

So Not Mom-a-licious said...

First I have to say that I adore you header picture! The little sneakers are so cute.
Second, that is a lot of discipline to keep all that stuff in their boxes for years! I wouldn't be able to do it at all.

Third, I am stopping by to welcome you to the SITStahood! Look forward to seeing you around and glad you could join us!

greedygrace said...

SO cute! Love me some hello kitty!

I came by to welcome you to SITS! We're glad to have you with us!

Kristen Andrews said...

I love Hello Kitty too!

Karen Vaughn said...

Nice sewing machine. I so want to learn how to sew. You have motivated me. I think I'm going to take a class now. Thanks Friend.

Karen Vaughn

Zeemaid said...

that is so adorable. Where did she get it? I think I have to get E one of those.. bout time she learned to sew. *LOL*

Run DMT said...

I have been a Hello Kitty fan since I was a little girl, too. I love that they make adult Hello Kitty clothes and that I can relive my childhood days. :-)

Annette Piper said...

My girls have a small hard case that is hello kitty - kind of like a purse? No idea where they got it from!

Life with Kaishon said...

Oh my gosh! It is the cutest little sewing machine ever! Any mom that would buy you a machine like that has to be WONDERFUL! : ). I love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...