On top of my transformation into my mother, I seem to have performed some weird Vulcan Mind Meld between myself and my grandma. And though I love my grandma, I don’t necessarily need to have the same outlook on life as she does.
Case in point: HBL and I were driving home from my dad’s house this evening, listening to the radio. I became irritated. “What kind of song is this? What in the world are they playing on the radio these days?” I said. He laughed and shrugged his shoulders. Is it just me, or do they let anyone write music these days?
I know, I know. How dare I get on my high horse! Look, I’m a product of the 80s and 90s; I sang along to the lyrics of Digital Underground’s “Humpty Dance”. Hello? R. KELLY? Ppppfffttt!
Yes, yes, yes, it’s no different now than it was back then. But I’m older now. That means I’m actually thinking about what I’m listening too. That’s not crotchety, is it? More like “choosy”, right?
What’s in store for you this Top Ten Tuesday? Evidence of my downward shame spiral. Enjoy!
My Top Ten Pet-Peeves
(That Me and Grandma Most Likely Share)
- Bad music
- People who don’t do their job
- People who insist on blasting their radios with their windows down, at a stoplight
- Teens who hang out at the mall and think that screaming at the top of their lungs is the right volume for general conversation
- Girls who insist on wearing enough makeup to shame a drag queen
- Girls who wear dresses/skirts and sit with their legs wide open
- People who cut in line
- Waiting. For anything.
- That ‘Politeness’ is almost non-existant
- People who don’t listen to me
I love memes. They take the pressure off my foggy brain so I don’t go cross-eyed thinking about a blog topic. Wait, you too? WE’RE TWINS! Well then, why not take a break and play Top Ten Tuesday? Grab the button on my right hand sidebar, choose your Top Ten topic (or use mine!), post it on your blog, and let me know so I can come check it out!
Happy Tuesday relaxing!