Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hold My Walker For Me

I’m becoming crotchety.

On top of my transformation into my mother, I seem to have performed some weird Vulcan Mind Meld between myself and my grandma. And though I love my grandma, I don’t necessarily need to have the same outlook on life as she does.

Case in point: HBL and I were driving home from my dad’s house this evening, listening to the radio. I became irritated. “What kind of song is this? What in the world are they playing on the radio these days?” I said. He laughed and shrugged his shoulders. Is it just me, or do they let anyone write music these days?

I know, I know. How dare I get on my high horse! Look, I’m a product of the 80s and 90s; I sang along to the lyrics of Digital Underground’s “Humpty Dance”. Hello? R. KELLY? Ppppfffttt!

Yes, yes, yes, it’s no different now than it was back then. But I’m older now. That means I’m actually thinking about what I’m listening too. That’s not crotchety, is it? More like “choosy”, right?

What’s in store for you this Top Ten Tuesday? Evidence of my downward shame spiral. Enjoy!


My Top Ten Pet-Peeves
(That Me and Grandma Most Likely Share)


  1. Bad music
  2. People who don’t do their job
  3. People who insist on blasting their radios with their windows down, at a stoplight
  4. Teens who hang out at the mall and think that screaming at the top of their lungs is the right volume for general conversation
  5. Girls who insist on wearing enough makeup to shame a drag queen
  6. Girls who wear dresses/skirts and sit with their legs wide open
  7. People who cut in line
  8. Waiting. For anything.
  9. That ‘Politeness’ is almost non-existant
  10. People who don’t listen to me


I love memes. They take the pressure off my foggy brain so I don’t go cross-eyed thinking about a blog topic. Wait, you too? WE’RE TWINS! Well then, why not take a break and play Top Ten Tuesday? Grab the button on my right hand sidebar, choose your Top Ten topic (or use mine!), post it on your blog, and let me know so I can come check it out!

Happy Tuesday relaxing!

21 comments:

Cairo Typ0 said...

We share a lot of pet peeves! I always thought they made me exacting not crotchety! :p

Tami said...

Oooh, we maybe related! LOL.
we almost have the same list!

I have something for ya over at my blog. come by and get it =)

Buckeroomama said...

That sounds a lot like my list. :)

Tami said...

I'm playing! yaaaaaaay! It'll be up soon, after payroll =/

~Mrs Sandy~ said...

I'm with you on this list:(

LZ said...

One thing not on your list that I share with my grandma is calling everyone younger than me a 'kid.' My 25 year old brother? A kid. The guy at the cash register? A kid.
Other than that, I'm with you. Hey - everyone gets older and more crotchety!

Jenjen © GottaLoveMom said...

My mom loves crocheting, too, but I can never do it!

Have a great week!

schnider_am said...

Sounds A LOT like a list that I would post. The blasting music one is one of my big ones. I always hate that and usually give them a nice glare when were stoped at a light. I want to listen to my music and not yours.
I also get annoyed at people who cant drive. That is a big one for me. Old people need to take another driving test when they get to a set age becuase most of them shouldnt be on the road. They always say how bad teenage driving is. Old poeple driving is just as bad.
See I shouldnt have started.. Im done now. LOL.

Nap Warden said...

I am so with you on the screaming teenagers. Drives. Me. Nuts!

Courtney said...

I am right there with you on your list! And really get ticked when people cut in line, its just completely rude!

Alicia said...

LOL...I'll probably have to agree w/ your list! LOL!!

I can't imagine being an obnoxious teenager! LOLOL!

Swoozie said...

Jennifer!! Your list made me LOL. Your entire Top Ten List drives me crazy!

BTW~~I love your Top Ten Tuesday List! I've got a Pet Peeve List going as well. SCome over and check it out!

Veronica Lee said...

That sounds like my list!!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Are you my soul mate? Seriously, Jennifer. I couldn't have bonded with you on EACH and EVERY point in this post more if I tried. I am relating to you on everything from being a child of the 80's/90's to sharing to attribute with your grandmother.

The girls and I are going to be in Vegas in October. We MUST connect. It would be a blast.

-Francesca

Adventures In Mommy Insanity said...

HEY YA! Thanks for the comment at my blog! You crack me up! Crotchety....I use that word and no one else I know ( other then my mom does and my gramma did when she was alive) does!!! LMAO!

I'm a product of the 70's and 80's myself (40 this winter...HOW CAN IT BE!)and even though I really like hip hop and other stuff they play these days, again,I know EXACTLY what you mean. Sometimes I think to myself...."What crap!!!".

I love LOTS of music...but crap is crap! LOL!

(P.S. I was in your neck of the woods just last week! Stayed at Excalibur and had a ball. I was very mad though....The Elvis A Rama shop was CLOSED DOWN I heard!! I'm a big fan of his! I love Las Vegas!). I look forward to following your blog!

casey aubut said...

You sound a LOT like me! ;)
Thanks for stopping by- i am now following you too from the MBC Follow club!

cassandra

Adventures In Mommy Insanity said...

Ok Jennifer, I posted my top ten pet peeves....it's long though lmao!

yonca said...

Hi Jennifer,
Thanks your sweet comment and following my blog. I am following your blogs now and i loved them.
Take care,
Yonca

Dawnie said...

Hi Jennifer, thanks for stoppin by my blog and the follow!
I'm following your beautiful blog as well!

Annette Piper said...

I'm so with you on ALL of them!!!

Zeemaid said...

I love your top ten Tuesday.. I might just have to join in....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...