Monday, May 18, 2009

Places I Would Love To Visit


Top Ten Button - Resized





I never thought I would say this, but thank God for basketball.

Last night, while HBL and I watched the Celtics lose to Orlando, he turned to me and said, “Would you ever want to go to Boston?”

WHAT.

I couldn’t believe it came out of his mouth. Visit Boston? HBL? My husband doesn’t ‘do’ big cities, never mind, suggest we vacation there! Who was this man?

My body tensed up immediately, I was afraid if I moved, he would change his mind. Clever me, I very carefully and casually answered, “Sure”. Then, after counting to five, bolted out of the room to price out flights. I know that the only reason HBL wants to visit Boston is because of the Celtics. But you know what? I’ll take it anyway I can.

This week’s Top Ten installation? The Top Ten places I would also like for HBL to suggest we visit, while watching a basketball game.


Top Ten Places I Would Love To Visit
  1. Santorini, Greece
  2. Amalfi Coast
  3. New Zealand
  4. Vancouver, BC – Ugh, ugh, ugh!
  5. The Caribbean
  6. Germany – Oktoberfest? I must have you!
  7. The Netherlands - Amsterdam, tulips, and windmills, oh my!
  8. Harrod’s in London (and of course, London, itself)
  9. Seattle, Washington
  10. Hong Kong – Shopping, anyone?


I love memes. They take the pressure off my foggy brain so I don’t go cross-eyed thinking about a blog topic. Wait, you too? WE’RE TWINS! Well then, why not take a break and play Top Ten Tuesday? Grab my button, choose your Top Ten topic (or use mine!), post it on your blog, and link up below!

Happy Tuesday relaxing!

18 comments:

ahappyhippy mom said...

First of all... you have amazing taste! Greece, The Netherlands, and New Zealand definitely would be on my list!

Second..is this a new meme? If so I love the idea!

Veronica Lee said...

I love your list. These are the places I want to visit too.

lz said...

Boston is great! Come visit, but only in the Summer...
Great list! The only one I would add is Egypt. I NEED to see the pyramids!

Tami said...

Your tastes in Cities and other Countries are superb!

I want photos! LOL when you do go!

Manic Mother said...

Santorini, Greece is in my top 5 for sure, would love to go there!

Mommy24cs said...

I would looooove to go to Boston to see a Red Sox game!!! I will be so jealous if you go LOL.

ModernMom said...

Great list. Maybe you better get him into soccer so you can start hitting some of those international sites!

Insanity Kim said...

What? No Alaska? You're not gonna visit me someday? There are no bugs...

Ann On and On... said...

NO YOU DON'T... Yes you do.... I love Hello Kitty Too!!! Sorry I had to address that before basketball for obvious reason.
Go where ever the ball bounces....

So glad to have another SITSer, Welcome. Bonus, you like H.K.
I'm hosting a yummy giveaway-come on over, but grab a napkin it will make you drool. :)

Mary K Brennan said...

Way to go Jen. Keep those expectations high. The last place my Hubby suggested we visit was McDonald's. Not a country, but the kids shared their Happy Meal toy. Happy travels!

Noah's Mommy said...

fabulous post...now you must hold him to his word...lol...stopping by to Welcome you to SITS...love your blog...fabulous

Brandy said...

Oktoberfest...hell yes!

And all the others too.

Banteringblonde said...

What a great list! I want to go to Hawaii ... that's it really, just Hawaii with big fruity drinks!

The Daily Dean Chronicals said...

AGREED! Your number 1 is my number 1! Hope you get your wish to go...I know I do! Happy Tuesday!

Zeemaid said...

*LOL* great list but why the ugh ugh ugh next to Vancouver?

Momma Chae said...

I live a quick ferry ride from Seattle and spent 4 years of college at Seattle Pacific U. I have to say, it's a pretty great city! It has a cool "vibe," I guess you would say. :) I've also been to Hong Kong for a USA track and field exchange in high school. One thing to think about - the pollution was so bad that when you brushed your teeth or blew your nose, you have grey dust coming out!!!
Greece would definitely be towards the top of my list as well....

Annette Piper said...

OK, what happened to Annette's place in Australia????? ;)

Life with Kaishon said...

Oh so fun! Boston was definitely one of the coolest places I have ever visited. I LOVE how the people talk there. It just delights me to no end!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...