Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Coulda Woulda Shoulda

Let’s face it, there are things in my past that I wish I could change, scenarios I wish I could do over. If I could travel back in time to re-do some of these things, my life would be dramatically different! But, there are two ways I could look at it:

1.) Every single thing that has happened in my life was meant to be

Or

2.) You snooze, you lose

Most people know it’s not a good idea to dwell on the past, to relive things that can’t be undone. But, this week, my imagination is a hungry beast who’s looking for grub. I’ve found myself replaying the ‘old tapes’ in my head, imagining a million conversations that could have been funnier, smarter, and cooler. I’ve thought of every possible direction my life could have gone, if only I had done one thing differently. Which brings me to this week’s Top Ten list, the Top Ten things I think might have changed who I am and how I live now…

… because I may have hit the Snooze button one too many times.

Enjoy!


Top Ten Things That I Should Have Done

1. In College: Submitted my department head’s recommendation letter to study abroad in London for a summer

2. When I was seventeen: Not whine during my callback for a Broadway musical

3. When I was eleven: Held on tight to the handle bars of my bike, while riding down hill

4. When I was four: Not peel the butterfly bandage on my nose on and off, just to infuriate my mom

5. When I was twelve: Chosen education over friends

6. Too many times in my Dating Career: Stayed broken up

7. One summer in junior high: Told my mom that I sliced the tip of my finger on a can of corned beef hash

8. As a Singleton: Traveled more

9. As a Married: Picked two different numbers on that Lottery Ticket

10. Last night: Stopped drinking all that soda



Why not take a break and play Top Ten Tuesday? Grab my button, choose your Top Ten topic (or use mine!), post it on your blog, and let me know! I'd love to come over and see your list!

Happy Tuesday relaxing!

23 comments:

Jenjen @GottaLoveMom said...

Happy Tuesday, too, blog-buddy.
Come and grab 2 gifts from me - One Lovely and Kreativ awards :0

Cairo Typ0 said...

I have to believe that things happen for a reason. If i had studied more and been a better student i may not have met Hubby and certainly would not have married him when i did. Not that i don't have regrets, but i try to keep them in perspective of the positive.

Courtney said...

Honestly, if you did anything differently you may not be exactly where you are today!!! Except for the soda :)

But I am so with you on the singleton comment!!!

Buckeroomama said...

Agree with Courtney.

My dad offered to pay for my Master's degree. It was either that or I get a brand new car. I wonder how life would've turned out if I had not chosen the car. Just wondering. I probably would've made the same choice, though. Maybe. :)

Tami said...

Loved your answers! I'm plaaaaaaying!

witty and fun!

LZ said...

"Stayed Broken up" Such a good answer. I already wonder how to communicate this to the girls, that often, no one is better than a d-bag.
Your topics are always so good!

ModernMom said...

Ohh great post. Mine would have been picked my girlfriends over some boyfriend. Girlfriends always last longer!

Michelle said...

Hi Jennifer - I did my top 10 over on my blog. Thanks for the idea.

Miss Behavin said...

I'm a firm believer in the age old adage that everything happens for a reason. I'm still waiting for the reasoning behind a few things that have happened in my life, but I believe!

I so wish I could have a mulligan sometimes.

American in Norway said...

Ooooo I LOVE this... now I am racking my brain... I am going to TRY to play... I have to see if I can come up with 10 witty things...

American in Norway said...

OK... I am playing! maybe not so witty things... but what the hell!

Alicia said...

Wow! That was an interesting list!!!!

I'll totally have to do this meme next week!!!!

Swoozie said...

Woulda Coulda Shoulda! Now that's a tough list to make. I'm stumped although I enjoyed your list mucho! Hanging onto the handlebars and less boyfriends---good ones!

Maureen Lee said...

Thanks for the wonderful post - you've inspired me to write my own list! - and for following me (I'm following you, as well). Your blog is wonderful and I'm looking forward to reading future posts!

Musings of the Mrs. said...

I love the break up one and the lottery one. I think we all have to add those to our lists. So much heartbreak. And so many thrown out lottery tickets.

June & Sean said...

Love this! I agree that everything is meant to be, but it's fun think about what might've been had we made the 'better decision' at the time. Cute blog!

Sharon said...

Your blog is a breath of fresh air! I enjoy checking in and seeing what you have to say!

I've tagged you on my blog. Come by to see what all the fuss is about! :)

Shelly said...

Hi there, following from MBC.
http://www.atticgirl.blogspot.com

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

How cool! I never saw this before, but am def. coming back to play next week!

ahappyhippy mom said...

WOW what a cool list! 3,5,6,8,and 9 I can relate to and would re-do.

#10... I don't drink soda. Hubby works for a leading soda beverage company and for some reason I can't stand the stuff. LOL!

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

OMG! This was so cute! I would love to do this- but I never know what day it is anymore! Love love your list!

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

OMG! This was so cute! I would love to do this- but I never know what day it is anymore! Love love your list!

~scheherezade~ said...

Wahey! This is a really cute blog, glad I found you on MBC and am following now. This list gave me ideas for my Facebook friends ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...