Let’s face it, there are things in my past that I wish I could change, scenarios I wish I could do over. If I could travel back in time to re-do some of these things, my life would be dramatically different! But, there are two ways I could look at it:
1.) Every single thing that has happened in my life was meant to be
2.) You snooze, you lose
Most people know it’s not a good idea to dwell on the past, to relive things that can’t be undone. But, this week, my imagination is a hungry beast who’s looking for grub. I’ve found myself replaying the ‘old tapes’ in my head, imagining a million conversations that could have been funnier, smarter, and cooler. I’ve thought of every possible direction my life could have gone, if only I had done one thing differently. Which brings me to this week’s Top Ten list, the Top Ten things I think might have changed who I am and how I live now…
… because I may have hit the Snooze button one too many times.
Top Ten Things That I Should Have Done
1. In College: Submitted my department head’s recommendation letter to study abroad in London for a summer
2. When I was seventeen: Not whine during my callback for a Broadway musical
3. When I was eleven: Held on tight to the handle bars of my bike, while riding down hill
4. When I was four: Not peel the butterfly bandage on my nose on and off, just to infuriate my mom
5. When I was twelve: Chosen education over friends
6. Too many times in my Dating Career: Stayed broken up
7. One summer in junior high: Told my mom that I sliced the tip of my finger on a can of corned beef hash
8. As a Singleton: Traveled more
9. As a Married: Picked two different numbers on that Lottery Ticket
10. Last night: Stopped drinking all that soda
Why not take a break and play Top Ten Tuesday? Grab my button, choose your Top Ten topic (or use mine!), post it on your blog, and let me know! I'd love to come over and see your list!
Happy Tuesday relaxing!