Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Just Desserts

If you hadn’t already guessed, I love to eat. Consequently, I love to eat dessert. I love it so much that when I go out to eat, I choose my dessert before anything else. Knowing something yummy is coming at the end of my meal sets the ‘tone’, making me a much more enjoyable dining companion.

*sigh* Are you talking about food again?

Now look, I know I mention food way too much. But being home all day, watching the Food Network, what else is there to think about? Food is all consuming in my house: transitioning Monkey to solids, figuring out what to make for dinner, peanuts. It’s food-on-the-brain twenty-four seven! Sure, I could change the channel and avoid temptation. I could stop buying jars of peanuts, even! But I don’t. And I don’t have a good reason not to do any of these things. Just humor me, will ya?

This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is all about dessert. And while you’re reading my list, I’ll be reading it alongside you, remembering all the lovely memories I’ve made eating them.

Enjoy!
(I know I will!)

1. Chocolate Chip Cookies
2. Brownie (à la Mode)
3. Crème Brulee
4. Rocky Road Ice Cream from Baskin Robbins
5. Cream Cheese Danish
6. Sticky Toffee/English Toffee Pudding
7. Fresh fruit (come on, I’m not a total lost cause!)
8. Kheer
9. Strawberry Shake
10. Flan



Why not take a break and play Top Ten Tuesday? Grab my button, choose your Top Ten topic (or use mine!), post it on your blog, and let me know! I'd love to come over and see your list!

Happy Tuesday relaxing!

16 comments:

Sweet Serendipity said...

I'm with ya on the food thing. I love food, especially dessert. I graze all day at home. Not sure that's a good thing. And I crave dessert when blogging, what the heck does that mean???
LOVE your list :D

lz said...

You forget tiramisu! Or an old fashioned hot fudge sundae, or molten chocolate cake. Oh wait...that's my list!

Banteringblonde said...

I love food and dessert is my fav too ... but I'm trying not to think about that as I leave you now and go do my shred ....ugh

Tami said...

I'm gunna play!

Veronica Lee said...

#3 is top on my list!!!

Insanity Kim said...

I am just gonna put mine here for you (I am down two pounds, sorta)

1. Baskin&Robins icecream cake
2. White cake with copious amounts of white frosting
3. The Pillsbury Fudge Brownies you get at Sam's Club
4. My Homemade truffles
5. Cherry pie
6. Chocolate Mousse
7. Those triangle donuts stuffed with frosting...do u know what I am talking about?
8. McDonalds grease filled fruit pies...
9. Dairy Queen ice cream, with the butterscotch hard shell...
10. Cinnabons caramel pecan cinnamon rolls.

I have now gained the two pounds back, plus 8, and I have gut rot.

Mommy24cs said...

What no cheesecake??? How can you not looooove cheesecake? Especially the kind from the Cheesecake Factory...yummmers!!!

Jenjen © GottaLoveMom said...

Oh man! Now, I'm really craving sweets!
BTW- Jennifer, I just tagged you..
Have fun!

Swoozie said...

Laughing at your food again comment. Food is HUGE with kids around isn't it?! I swear, it seems I just cleanup from one messy meal and we're onto the next. ((Shaking my head)) I don't see an end in sight either. Sigh!

My Top Ten Dessert List just rolled off my fingertips! Guess I've got desserts on my brain as well. And I just thought of another fave----a simple vanilla shake. Yum! Can I have a Top Eleven Deserts List? Please please please?

Cairo Typ0 said...

Stressed is Dessert spelled backwards.

And i ADORE dessert with all my heart and soul. IN every single iteration. I need to find chocolate NOW!!

Chelsie said...

I love the top 10 idea! I love food too...sometimes when I go to ihop with my husband, I just order an ice cream sundae even though it's early in the morning!!

Miss Behavin said...

Dessert, oh how I love thee!

My favorite is Tiramisu, but I also love Turtle Sundaes, Key Lime pie, and Banana Foster anything! Oh, and a sweet 'n salty combo like chocolate covered pretzels are good too.

Alicia said...

Me too!! I only like to go to restaurants that I know have a good dessert menu!!!!!

Okay..I don't see cheesecake on your list. That would be my fave!

And what is Kheer????

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

I'm new here (I feel like a kid in school), I followed Tami over. I played and it was a yummy experience. Take a look at my list when you have a moment.

Rona's Home Page said...

I'll have to say my favorite is pies.

Tiaras & Tantrums said...

haha - i just finished a BIG bowl of chocolate peanut butter ice cream with chocolate sauce!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...