Unfortunately, since it’s the summer, and hot as blazes, I had to go digging in the closet to find a blanket - I hate fumbling around, looking for stuff, when I could be using that time, instead, to watch TV, eat, or snooze on the couch! The entire time I was digging for a blanket, I kept torturing myself, imagining Monkey waking up before I even got to enjoy one minute of alone time.
So I came up with a plan. I would prepare myself a ‘Mommy Time Survival Kit’, with all the goodies I’d need for my alone time, and set it aside. Whatever the situation, whatever the weather, I wouldn’t waste anymore precious time looking for stuff to get comfy, it’d already be there at my disposal!
So this week’s Top Ten Tuesday will be dedicated to all the things I would include in my Mommy Time Survival Kit.
Oh, sweet loving Mommy Time, I adore you.
Top Ten Items I Want and/or Need To Enjoy ‘Me Time’
- My Cellphone – For those times I don't screen my calls
- The TV Remote Control
- The Snuggie/Slanket – A hands free blanket?! Can it get any better? On cold, winter nights, I won’t have to worry about the sensor on the remote not being read by the TV through the blanket!
- Snacks and My Water Bottle
- Glossy Magazines
- The Clapper – Once you’re nice and comfy, who wants to get up to turn off the lights? I’d rather just clap my hands! If I could, I’d have The Clapper connected to the lights on all the major lamps in the house…
- A Notebook and Pen – Yes, good, old fashioned pen and paper, for those days when you absolutely need to write it down
- Tweezers and a Pocket Mirror – Because I never remember to look in the mirror often enough to check on my eyebrows
- A ‘Magic Box’ (like in the Jetsons), where I could push a button, and have whatever I want to eat come out piping hot… chocolate chip cookies? Pizza? How about some ribs?