Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Mommy Time Survival Kit

I put Cheeky Monkey down for his nap this afternoon and was aiming to start ‘Mommy Time’ right away. But, as I was a bit cold under the A/C today (I like it set at 82 degrees, HBL, at 74. We’ve compromised, so it’s set at 79), I had to get a blanket to keep warm.

Unfortunately, since it’s the summer, and hot as blazes, I had to go digging in the closet to find a blanket - I hate fumbling around, looking for stuff, when I could be using that time, instead, to watch TV, eat, or snooze on the couch! The entire time I was digging for a blanket, I kept torturing myself, imagining Monkey waking up before I even got to enjoy one minute of alone time.

So I came up with a plan. I would prepare myself a ‘Mommy Time Survival Kit’, with all the goodies I’d need for my alone time, and set it aside. Whatever the situation, whatever the weather, I wouldn’t waste anymore precious time looking for stuff to get comfy, it’d already be there at my disposal!

So this week’s Top Ten Tuesday will be dedicated to all the things I would include in my Mommy Time Survival Kit.

Oh, sweet loving Mommy Time, I adore you.

Enjoy!


Top Ten Items I Want and/or Need To Enjoy ‘Me Time’

  1. My Cellphone – For those times I don't screen my calls
  2. The TV Remote Control
  3. Dreamboat
  4. The Snuggie/Slanket – A hands free blanket?! Can it get any better? On cold, winter nights, I won’t have to worry about the sensor on the remote not being read by the TV through the blanket!
  5. Snacks and My Water Bottle
  6. Glossy Magazines
  7. The Clapper – Once you’re nice and comfy, who wants to get up to turn off the lights? I’d rather just clap my hands! If I could, I’d have The Clapper connected to the lights on all the major lamps in the house…
  8. A Notebook and Pen – Yes, good, old fashioned pen and paper, for those days when you absolutely need to write it down
  9. Tweezers and a Pocket Mirror – Because I never remember to look in the mirror often enough to check on my eyebrows
  10. A ‘Magic Box’ (like in the Jetsons), where I could push a button, and have whatever I want to eat come out piping hot… chocolate chip cookies? Pizza? How about some ribs?

20 comments:

Tami said...

I want a magic box too LOL.
Wouldn't that be an amazing tool for us to use in the kitchen? awww to dream!

Buckeroomama said...

I'd buy your kit, but you'll have to throw in a laptop, too! :)

Whitney said...

I want that kit too! You need to find a way to market it! :)

Veronica Lee said...

I want that kit too!!

Alicia said...

Very smart!!!

I wouldn't do the clapper because you might wake the lil' guy! Then, mommy time over!!! LOL!

Mary K Brennan said...

You sold me with the magic box. I could use one now to finish replying to everyone. The kids are screaming in the background. The noise is crazy but it solidifies that they're still alive.

ModernMom said...

Oh I always wanted one of those magic oven thingy's the Jetsons had. Any snack or meal you want in an instant!

blueviolet said...

I would be all set with that kit too! :)

Two Pretty Little Skirts said...

Care to make me one? ;)
With daddy away to IL, mommy is ready to put some children on ebay. (not serious of course)
Dawn

Dan River Mama said...

I would add Mr. Zappy (Weeds), so I could taze my husband, whenever he strolls into the room and starts to channel surf, like I'm not even there, in the middle of watching a great show... lol

Great post.

This Real Mommy said...

I would want to purchase this kit too. LOL, however instead of a magic box that will make any food that I want, do you think it would be possible to get a magic box that would clean up a specific area of the house that I ask it too? Maybe I just need Rosie from the Jetsons. :)

Alicia said...

Sign me up for a box like that!

Mommy24cs said...

I have everything in my craft room for my mommy time from a tv and dvd player right down to a small little fridge to keep my cherry diet pepsi and snickers bars in lol. I could live in there and never come out haha

Zeemaid said...

yup, definitely throw in my laptop and a good book. :0)

CenzLuccsMom said...

I like the magic box idea! I agree you need to be prepared for Mommy Time! Those precious nap moments fly by all too quickly!!!!

Renée aka Mekhismom said...

NOw that sounds like a great kit. I want one!

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

Where can I pick up one of the "Magic Boxes"?

T~T said...

I think I need one of those magic boxes!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Wait, wait, wait. What is a dreamboat?

Is it a man?

HA!

-Francesca

Angela said...

A magic box would be awesome, but isn't that kind of cheating? :) You could have way more than 10 things with a magic box!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...