Friday, July 31, 2009

Sometimes I Sit And Wish I Was A Kid Again - AF


According to An Island Life: 

"In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response."


I’m hooome!

Well, I’m at my mom’s house, but still, I’m hooome!

Yes folks, I am in California, enjoying wearing pants, a sweater, and temperatures that are almost half of what we’re getting in Las Vegas. Oh, SF Bay Area, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways…

I have to get ready for the day, but it’s so nice to just lounge around, pretending I’m sixteen again, eating my mom out of house and home.

Visiting her is always awesome. I don’t have a care in the world when I’m here. Most of the time, I twiddle my thumbs, trying to figure out what to do. My mom takes care of everything so thoroughly, all I ever do when I’m here is eat, scour her closet for clothes she doesn’t want, take naps, and hang out with my brother and sister… Gee whiz, I didn’t know how good I had it!

*sigh*

Okay, I have to get my budonkadonk in gear. Sayonara, Hot Stuffs!

My question today:

When you visit your parent(s), do you feel like you’re a kid again?


If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at today's installation of Aloha Friday at An Island Life. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!

18 comments:

Jeremy said...

Not really although they live in the same house I grew up in so I have many memories of being a kid there. My kids sure enjoy it over there.

janetfaye said...

My parents both passed away when I was young.

Swoozie said...

Staying at my parent's home is still one of my favorite things to do! Every fall the kids and I pack up for a 2-week visit at my parents place and I look forward to it every year. It is soooo relaxing and easy-going around there!
Like you said, Wow! Did we ever have it made living "at home"! LOL!

Enjoy your time being home!

shopannies said...

I have to say that I do not feel like a kid again but it does feel so much like home somewhere we belong

Tami said...

Nope, I just feel loved so much more when I have my mommy LOL

LZ @ My Messy Paradise said...

I used to...and loved it!
My paretns still live in the same house I grew up in, and I when I was a bit younger (pre-kids, I guess) I did feel like a kid going home. I used to sleep there on Christmas Eve until I was married. But now, maybe because of the girls, I just feel like it's their house, and I have my own to go home to...Kind of sad putting that into words...
:-(

ModernMom said...

Well I don't scour my Mom's closet for clothes..she's 5 3 and I'm 5 9! LOL

yonca said...

My dad passed away. My mom is living with my sister. She is very old.
So I carry the good memories with me, in my heart :)

Alicia said...

Oh my gosh, yes, I feel that way when I visit my mom!! For some reason I become really lazy that I don't even want to do things for my kids when we're there!!!!

Have fun in the city!!!!!!

Girl, next week I'm going to The House Of Prime Rib!! A bunch of us for our birthdays!!! No kids!! Yah!

kailani said...

Maybe if I didn't see them often. However, they live only 20 minutes away and I'm there all the time. :-)

Kekibird said...

Not really and I think a lot has to do with them not living in a home I lived in (they moved my freshman year of college) and I also work with my dad. It's a grown-up life for me.

Becca said...

I still live with my mom so not really...but with my grandparents I feel like a kid lol

Mommy24cs said...

Yes I do too. My mom spoils me rotten when I go to visit her. She does all the cooking and when we go out to the stores, she gives me spending money LOL :) I love my mommy :)

AudreyO said...

Lately my moms been sick so I've been visiting a lot. So no, I don't feel like a kid.

ahappyhippy mom said...

No I wish! I feel like I am the parent and they are the kids. I'm always making sure they are ok, eating alright, and warm.

Jenjen @GottaLoveMom said...

I'll always be a kid when I'm with my parents...even now that Dad's been sick...

Miss you

Theta Mom said...

My parents have since moved, so I don't get that "feeling" like I did when I would visit them in the home I grew up in. I know exactly what you described, though. I really like your blog and so I've given you an award! Come by http://www.thetamom.com to collect. :)

blueviolet said...

Actually I feel more like a parent now because my mom is well over 70.

I'm so glad you're having this down time and relaxation. You deserve it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...