Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Perfect Man


Top Ten Button - Resized


As I blog hop around Cyberspace, one thing is for certain: everyone is head over heels in love with their husbands, and these men seem to be perfect.

HUH?!

… I must be the only one who married the ‘other kind’ of guy, then.

Don’t get me wrong, HBL has wonderful characteristics, like, he feeds me (the true way to my heart), he only rolls his eyes once when I tell him I need to go shopping, and he lets me stay glued to Dreamboat almost twenty-four seven, so I can blog, and write, and surf the net!

I know, I know, he sounds pretty awesome already – especially the bit about him feeding me – but listen, nobody’s perfect. His feet stink, he doesn’t always ‘get’ me, and he refuses to go to the movies with me to watch chick flicks. Um, hello? I am married to an imperfect being.

In which case, I will use this week’s Top Ten Tuesday to list all the things it would take for my husband to become the Perfect Man. But hey, I’ll take him just the way he is now… I love my baby daddy!

Enjoy!


The Top Ten Things That Would Make My Husband Perfect

  1. Cleans his bathroom regularly and without my asking
  2. Wakes up in the middle of the night to tend to the baby
  3. Gives me unsolicited neck and back rubs
  4. Never questions any shopping bags I may carry into the house
  5. Doesn’t complain about my magazine addiction
  6. Wears whatever I tell him to, without complaint
  7. Stops using farting as a way to get out of serious talk
  8. Quits driving like a maniac and blaming other drivers for having to use his ‘defensive’ driving skills
  9. Actually listens to me when I talk to him – no glazed over look and mindless nodding
  10. Reads my mind
Why not take a break and play Top Ten Tuesday? Grab my button, choose your Top Ten topic (or use mine!), post it on your blog, and let me know! I'd love to come over and see your list! Link up below!
Happy Tuesday relaxing!

28 comments:

Alicia said...

Haha! That was a good list!!! This was a funny post overall!!!

I wanted to ask you before..what does HABL stand for?

Buckeroomama said...

LOL!

I wish mine would play less of his RPG's on the computer... but then I can't really begrudge him that, when I'm on the computer a lot myself! Ahh, our poor kids.

Veronica Lee said...

LOL, sounds like my hubby!!! Wonder what their lists would be like for the perfect wife!!!

blueviolet said...

In effect, this list has downgraded my husband substantially. So thanks for that.

Caroline Alexander said...

great list, very funny.

LZ @ My Messy Paradise said...

ha! Defensive driving - J uses that term, too. I can't stand being a passenger in his car...oh, and the farting...yeah. He does that, too...Does break the tension!
Great list!

Lauren said...

For a minute there I thought you were married to my hubby! :)

However my hubby is under the impression he can read my mind... he's just always got it wrong! :)

~SITS~

Tami said...

LOL, at times I really dislike mine. But after 21 years.. I think I'm allowed heh heh.

I'd be lost without him.

Mommy24cs said...

Well if your husband does all that then I must have married the "OTHER other guy"! Although he drives me crazy every single day I can't picture my life without him :o)

Sharon said...

I would be happy with #10! That's not asking too much, is it? lol

Miss Behavin said...

Oh, how I wish Jim could read my mind. Well, maybe that wouldn't be such a good idea...he'd know when I cursed him under my breath!

Manic Mother said...

Sounds like the perfect man to me...now if only he would do those things....huh?

Stephanie Stearns Dulli said...

What a great post! Too bad I missed Top Ten Tuesday! Maybe I'll catch it next week. My Hubby is near perfect...except for those things that make me INSANE! LOL

Swoozie said...

May I take your entire Top Ten List and give it to my Hubby since all apply to him as well. Oh wait, can I omit #7 and add "foot rubs" to #3?! Then it's a go!

We do love our guys but there's always room for improvement! Ha! Ha!

LOl @ Veronica Lee's comment! Yikes! I WONDER what the Hubby's perfect wife list would include.....?? Gulp!

PS--I've been away for 2 weeks and I've missed your blog! It's great to be back!

The Blonde Duck said...

#7 had me rolling with laughter.

And Ben is not perfect, but he's perfect for me.

We all know I'm not perfect, but Queen Bitty is! :)

Ms. Wanda said...

Thank you for dropping in:) Yeah I don't know hopefully I will get some good feedback.

We need Stepford husbands!!! I don't know if you have seen the movie "The Stepford Wives" the 70's version not the Glen Close version. In the original a group of men got rid of there wives and replaced them with cloned versions of their wives that took care of all there needs. This movie scared me to death when I was a kid. Now I don't know, I wouldn't mine if my hubby was a Stepford husband. The real him just updated:)

Two Pretty Little Skirts said...

awwww dont you have just the super sweetest darling of a husband. Sounds like mine ;)
I've got a new "game" called Thumbnail Thursdays. Come check it out!
http://twoprettylittleskirts.blogspot.com/2009/06/new-thought-for-thursdays.html
I'd love to "swap" with ya!

Dawn

2Corinth1:4mom said...

I ran across your blog and love the top 10 list! So I'm playing along. Thanks!
Kristin

3 Bay B Chicks said...

If I were writing this list, I would add point #11: Learns and habitually uses the laundry machine.

Not that this is the case in my house. I mean, if I were writing this list for you. My life is pure sunshine, rainbows, and butterflies.

-Francesca

Alicia said...

great list!! my man could work on a few of those himself! =)

That's Who I Am said...

I think that's a great list! My husband fails in many of your top ten lists. Guess I married imperfect too lol!

Courtney said...

Great list. Your husband sounds dreamy :)

Sherry said...

When it comes to my husband & my blog, I try really hard to adhere to the "if you can't say anything nice..." policy, which is why he is so rarely mentioned ;)

Zeemaid said...

great list! Your hubby sounds great, stinky feet and all.

My hubby likes to tap my on the butt, like a smack, but it stings and it drives me crazy.. he thinks he's giving me a love tap. yeah

Nap Warden said...

I wish my husband gave unsolicited neck and back rubs too!

Tooj said...

I FEEL THE SAME WAY!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone all around blogland is married to Mr. Perfect...as if you MIGHT end up coming face to face with everyone and goodness forbid they meet the Hubby and he's been read in a light that's NOT always flattering. Okay...sorry, I went crazy for a sentence or two. I'm composed now.

I completely agree. :)

HiHo said...

RIGHT, like he would ever give up the fart control button??? Heidi

Annette Piper said...

Oh yes, some good points there - especially about not questioning any bags brought into the house ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...