Tuesday, August 18, 2009

And So It Begins

Last night, when HBL got home, he brought in the mail and I saw that I got two magazines. Immediately, I got excited to read them, but then shot that thought down in the next second, remembering that I don’t ever have time to sit and read a magazine, let alone two.

So I went about my business, pricing out water heaters (ours decided to bust itself over the weekend), pricing out the delivery of a water heater, then pricing out the installation of a water heater. Ugh.

Anyway, as I was sitting there, researching my heart out, I noticed that no sounds were coming from either of the XY’s living in my house. So I looked up from the computer screen and scanned the room. I noticed two things:

1. Monkey wasn’t in the room – I forgot that I put him down for a nap in his crib
2. Football was on TV and my husband was watching it

HALLELUJAH! Football Pre-Season! That means some football game will be on at my house for the next six months! Mommy Time begins!

*Commence singing and dancing*

What the heck was I doing on the computer researching boring, old water heaters?! I should be sprawled out on the couch, eating bon bons and reading my new magazines!!! Oh the possibilities!

Hmmm, let me see, shall I read about fall clothing trends? What about the latest in baby snacks? Actually, maybe I should start reading that book I purchased a couple weeks ago…

Decisions, decisions.

9 comments:

James Ricardo The Actor said...

LOL!!!!!! Boo, fashion is always fun!!!!! Enjoy your magazines..

Tami said...

LOL, I like the bon bon idea! I'm so there!

Veronica Lee said...

I like the bon bon idea too!!

Alicia said...

Yup...live it up, girl!!!!!!!!!!!

Mighty M said...

Now, I've been reading lots of posts about the upcoming "football season", but I don't think I've heard anyone refer to it as the return of "mommy time!". That is great!! ;-)

Helene said...

Go for it!!! I hope you did!! I have a stack of magazines I just received last week and I have yet to read them!! When I took the kids to the library last week, I picked out 2 books for myself. Tim laughed and said, "When do you think you're actually gonna be able to read those??". A girl can dream....

thais. said...

oh the possibilities... couch and magazines sounds great. I ended up canceling my subscription since my little one was eating most of my fashion trends :)

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Darn! Hubby's not a sports fanatic - I always thought it was a 'good' thing listening to all my 'Sports Widow' friends, but you've put a cool spin on it. Wonder if I can get him interested? ;)

Mary K Brennan said...

Did someone say Spa trip? Live it up girl! This is the best time of the year.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...