Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Rainfall

Good grief, the girl is taking about rain in Las Vegas again!

But, listen! You have no idea how good rain is in these parts! There is nothing better than having rain in Las Vegas. It makes us feel like we have more than one season a year!



This past weekend, it rained in Vegas. One afternoon of love. I watched big, fat raindrops landing heavily on the pavement, on the windshield of my car, on the rooftop. So refreshing…


I don’ t know what it is about the rain. Generally, it makes me feel like Fall. And Fall makes me feel all cuddly. It makes me want to burrow into a big blanket and sip hot cocoa, and have my snuggly Monkey Boy right next to me, and his daddy giving me a neck massage.



Will I get a neck rub anytime this Fall? Hmmm, I imagine the more appropriate question would be, can my husband bear to tear his eyes away from the football game on the TV screen, long enough to concentrate on giving me a worthwhile neck rub?

I’m sure you know the answer to that one.

*sigh*

… But isn’t the rain pretty?


12 comments:

James Ricardo The Actor said...

LOVE THE RAIN, AND HAPPY THAT VEGAS, DRY BOOTY IS GETTING SOME OF IT! YAY! YOU BETTA MAKE THAT MAN RUB YOUR NECK..LOL!

Buckeroomama said...

I love the rain. LOVE it. That said, we just had a typhoon last night which caused all the big panes of glass in the windows to shake and tremble. Happy NOT to have that kind of rain.

Mighty M said...

I like how the rain seems to clean everything up, for a little while at least!

Insanity Kim said...

That's two big rainfalls recently right? Sweet!

CenzLuccsMom said...

We had so much rain this year in our area, that I can't take it! But, I am glad you are enjoying it, gives a cool new perspective to really appreciate it!

The Blonde Duck said...

We feel the same way when it rains in SA. We got a whole week of it last week--it was like the heavens opened and shined down on us.

Lyr said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I could feel the "hug." you have no idea how much I appreciate it!

I'm glad you guys had your much needed rain!! :)

Drahdrah said...

We haven't had rain here in about 2 weeks... I would love a nice afternoon rainstorm ! The pictures are great. Thanks for stopping by my place :)

Veronica Lee said...

I like rain only after a spell of the dry season. It can rain here every day for months during the monsoon season and I really hate that.

blueviolet said...

That looks like a good solid rain too. Yay!

The Daily Dean Chronicals said...

I love hot cocoa and snuggling in the fall....and I am pretty sure mine wont be coming with a neck rub either!! hahah!

AudreyO said...

I don't think I've ever been there when it's been anything other than horribly hot.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...