Thursday, October 22, 2009

They Don’t Call ‘Em Crackberries For Nothin’

Top Ten Thursday Button


As much as I’ve been pining away for the iPhone, I refuse to go to AT&T. So what’s a girl who’s jonesing hard for a smartphone to do?

Blackberry, baby!

I know, I know, a lot of you may be thinking, “Oh, hoooh! If she were really hard core, NOTHING would stop her from getting an iPhone. Not even AT&T!” But I tell you now, folks, unless AT&T paid for my family plan, gave me and HABL free phones, and then offered us insurance on the uninsurable iPhone, ‘taint gonna happen.

And so, with a smile on my face and a new phone in hand, I give you the top ten reasons why I love my Blackberry.

Enjoy!


Top Ten Reasons Why I Love My Blackberry

  1. Internet: anytime, anywhere. Must. Feed. The. Beast.
  2. I feel like I’m a Jetson with this mini computer in my pocket. Mini computer in my pocket? That’s like saying I own a time machine!
  3. Mobile tweeting – ‘nuff said
  4. I can hold my head up high whenever I talk to my family, as I was the last hold out. The trash talking at family reunions is so over
  5. Modern times? I’m here! No more T9 texting for me!
  6. It makes me feel complete: my inner child always felt stupid pulling out my Brick when surrounded by phones as thin as sliced cheese
  7. I’m ready for the next blogger conference. Heeey!
  8. I can have my email sent directly to my phone *Angels singing*
  9. With my old provider, I could sit in three different places on my couch to get good service, marginal service, or no service at all! Whaaa happaaa? Switching cell phone providers has been fantastic!
  10. It’s like the electronic version of a warm, gooey cinnamon roll made by Paula Dean. Mmm…

26 comments:

Cairo Typ0 said...

As a canadian i have to applaud your choice of product! Go RIM! Woo hoo!

Manic Mother said...

I want.

James Ricardo The Actor said...

WELCOME TO THE FUTURE! YOU WERE T9 TEXTING STILL, LOL! I LOVE THAT STORY! YAY, YOU HAVE ARRIVED!

Buckeroomama said...

I absolutely refused to get one when I was still working because I didn't want to be on call 24/7. I know that if I get one now that I'll be totally hooked and be tempted to check emails whenever wherever... Let's see how long I'd be able to hold out.

Lexie Loo & Dylan Too said...

I don't have one yet. My hubby has one and is completely addicted. The last thing I need is another addiction, but he'll be passing it on to me soon enough, when he upgrades!

sheila said...

Awesome!
My kids forced me into texting just last month, lol. Now I do it all the time rather than make calls. How did I do without it?

I don't know if I could use all the features of a Blackberry...texting alone took me a long time, lol.

Nezzy said...

Our household is blackberry free. I just don't need something else taking up more precious time. Now, how 'bout those warm, gooey cinnamon roll.

ya'll have one terrific day!!!

Jenna said...

must.feed.the.beast. hahah!!! Great LIst!!

Lyr said...

I have an Iphone... I don't think I could ever switch! ;)

blueviolet said...

Which service provider does a Blackberry run on?

I know nothing of these things.

Katie said...

There are few objects in life I love more than my Crackberry!

Kristin said...

My Iphone is growing on me. It is fabulous to be able to publish comments when I'm out and about!

Deb said...

I got my BB about two weeks ago. Still have a few things to figure out, but mostly I love it!

AmyK said...

I just lol'd like, 45 times. bahaha. I'm still stuck with t9 on my brick phone... sadness...

Veronica Lee said...

I'm blackberry free!! I'm quite happy hanging on to my brick phone.

Jenna said...

Uh..Yeah you can!!! It's pretty much awesome. I googled "bluetooth blackberry to mac" and it popped up instructions. You have to change your internet info on your mac to get it to work. It was so long ago I can't remember how I did it but I know google will have the answers for you!!

Alicia said...

Oh yes!!! I will have to ditto you on those reasons! I love my BB, and can't even imagine using anything else. My son has the Itouch and believe me, it ain't all that! Even if it had the phone option, it still wouldn't do anything for me. I'm always pressing the wrong letter or number. I like the feel of buttons!

Yah, BB's are the bomb!

Nathan said...

oh...I came over because you said you loved your MAC on Alicia's page....but I'm still T9 texting with my brick phone...which heats up when I use the internet...it's so hard to part with thinkgs! Maybe next year....but switch my MAC...ummm NEVER!

Kekibird said...

Don't forget to add BLACKBERRY CHAT!!! Love that thing!

Love my BB!! It's my second child!

The Daily Dean Chronicals said...

Number 8 is my favorite!!! I love my phone too....Today I told my 6 year old I had to check Email to verify if it was PJ day at school...I was reading her the Email from my phone and she say "How did you do that?" You are an awesome Mommy!

Insanitykim said...

I only have my laptop, but I have a chain to hold it around my neck, like bling. I am so awesome.

Midwest Mommy said...

I have a pay as you go, lol Yep, I am that cool.

ModernMom said...

Fellow addict here..and I love that I can text all my fellow blackberry lovers for FREE!!

Helene said...

I have an iPhone but it seems like almost everyone I know has a Blackberry! Must be a good thing!

The Bumbles said...

I have never sent a text and don't use my cell for anything other than if my car breaks down. I don't need constant contact. I would never get any work done - as it is blogging invades enough of my real world. I want to take my boss' Blackberry and chuck it in that empty Vegas pool photo so he'll stop e-mailing me wherever he goes at all hours of the day! But if it makes you happy my dear - more power to you :0)

P.S. Remember that post you did a while back where someone told you toothpaste works for zits? Totally true. In a moment of desperation on vacation I remembered that comment and thought - what the hell. The next morning - voila - all better!

Savvy Gal said...

i am thinking about a blackberry....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...