It’s been a rough week. Like I was telling the TTT ladies, I woke up this morning to a Monkey smeared in his own poop. Even on his forehead. The kicker? His diaper was still on!
Who the…? What the…?
I have not had a moment to breathe, let alone write, but I’ll tell you what I HAVE had a moment to do: EAT. Tacos and chips, specifically.
Which brings me to my Top Ten Thursday subject: Why Emotional Eating Is Okay. This stressful week was a pooper. And since I don’t drink, smoke, do drugs, and haven’t shopped in a million years, the best solution for me was to stuff my face. And stuff my face is what I did. Unapologetically.
Top Ten Reasons Why Emotional Eating Is Okay
- Unlike abusing other things (drugs, alcohol, credit cards, husbands), abusing food cannot result in a stint in jail – unless you punch someone out for eating the last slice/piece/morsel of whatever food you had your eye on
- At it’s core, it’s really aromatherapy - stress immediately leaves my body upon smelling food
- There is some nutritional value in what you're eating… right?
- You can’t OD on celery sticks and hummus
- Eating helps work out certain muscles in your body. Par example: Tongue, jaw, hand, arm, and stomach
- You can do it in front of anyone without fear of getting a disapproving look (your mother is not included in this summation)
- Your therapy can be disguised as ‘dinnertime’
- You can do it anywhere! While you’re driving, waiting in line at the store, waiting in the doctor’s office, in bed, even!
- It’s a great way to fight insomnia – eat till you’re stuffed, and watch your eyelids start to fall
- It’s cheaper than crack