Sunday, June 12, 2011

And The Nesting Begins

Over the past two weeks, I have been dreaming of ideas and projects to tackle: a baby receiving blanket, a baby throw, two decorative pillows for the baby's crib, a baby's quilt and re-purposing an old side table into a colorful table for my Monkey and his soon-to-be-here baby sister. Obviously, my nesting instinct came pretty early this pregnancy (does this mean the new baby's coming sooner rather than later?! AGGGGHHH!).

Yesterday, I finished the receiving blanket. And today I completed the baby throw.


And check it: I took a new $2.50 pillow and cut and sewed it into two,


because if I bought two decorative pillows this size, it would've cost me $5 a piece! Ole' Cheapskate here, don't play that:


Anywho, I hope I actually finish these projects. I'm notorious for starting these kinds of things and not finishing - ask the heaps of unfinished projects stuffed into a cardboard box in our garage.

1 comment:

The Busy Coconut said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. When are you due? You're making me want to bust out my sewing machine.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...