Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Oven Honesty - WW

Well, I’m about to out myself. Out myself in a BIG way. Brace yourself, Type-A ladies:
I don’t clean my oven.

Not only do I NOT clean my oven, I don’t even know HOW to clean my oven.
And since I don’t have a self-clean option on my oven AND I am too scared to look at what I have to do to clean an oven, I. Just. Don’t. Clean. It.

Want proof? Here then, here are a couple of the "safest" pictures I can give you without making you all totally gross out:



Uh huh, I know. And then this one too:




Yeah...

So, someone, ANYONE, help me figure out how to do this. Or at the least, help me convince my husband to do this.

Thank you very much.


For more Wordless Wednesday or Mostly Wordless Wednesday, visit

6 comments:

Head Ant said...

I remember cleaning out my mom's oven when I was young. Get the spray without a scent.

Even self cleaning requires some work. And it makes your house stink. Maybe because I rarely do it.

bigguysmama said...

Bwahahaha You're a gal after my own heart. Thanks for putting your self out there. FYI mine looks exactly the same...along with my microwave. =)

~Mimi

Jennifer said...

@Head Ant: I remember my mom doing the same thing while growing up - both methods, actually! LOL! Maybe it's a blessing in disguise that I don't have the self-clean option...? :-)

@Mimi: You just made my homemaking day! I swear, I always think that I'm the only one in the world whose house is a disaster - and my microwave, is a mess toooooooo! LMBO!!!

Staci said...

I hate cleaning my oven! Love your transparency in the fact that your oven door is not! :)
~Staci at 7onashoestring.com

Sofia @ From PDX with Love said...

You are not alone!! Mine is even worse...yeah, I've never cleaned it in like....ever? If you figure out how to clean it let me know!! I so need to clean mine since we are moving in 3 weeks!!

Rachel said...

First let me give you a huge {virtual} hug. I am so sorry.

Now, let me tell you you can do this. Buy that Easy Off Overnight oven cleaner. Toxic, yes. So sorry. Spray it in and then wait till morning and then invest in a huge {and I mean huge} roll of HIGH quality paper towels and clean that baby out.

Love that you posted the pictures. It makes me like you even more!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...