Friday, July 15, 2011

Very Pinterest-ing - AF


According to An Island Life:

"In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response."


Here is a list of some of my interests:
  • Interior Design
  • Fashion
  • Architecture
  • Photography
  • Style
  • DIY
  • Pretty Things
  • Inspiring Things

And here is a list of the interests I wish I was an expert on:
  • Interior Design
  • Fashion
  • Architecture
  • Photography
  • Style
  • DIY
  • Pretty Things
  • Inspiring Things

Why I aughta…

Pinterest LogoAnd because I don’t know how to reproduce half the things I see and love on the interwebs, I spend all my time drooling, ogling, dreaming and squealing over things I wish I had in my life. But guess what helps me get all my wanna-be designer juices out in the open? Pinterest! Oh yeah. That’s right. They let me get my 'pin' on!

For those of you who don't know what the heck I'm talking about, Pinterest is like a virtual inspiration board, an online version of tearing all the awesome pages you like from a magazine. With their easy peasy application, you can go around the internet (or even on their site) and "pin" pictures of anything you want onto your own virtual boards! You can organize your boards however you want, you can see what others are pinning on their boards, it's a picture glutton's paradise!

When I look at my boards, all those pretty pictures makes me feel like I could do some spectacular things (in my head), and just because my eye/hand coordination does not exactly turn out design-wise, I can at least prove to myself - through the pictures I've chosen - that I have some taste outside of Pull-Ups, greasy hair and elastic waistbanded pants. Also, it doesn't hurt that it feels like I'm 'shopping' - never mind the fact that these things don't ever come into my possession...

(BTW, this is not a sponsored add or anything like that. I'm just sharing my new 'favorite toy' with you all. IF I was being sponsored by Pinterest, um, Holy Design Cow, Batman, I would be shouting it from the rooftops! But I'm here to tell you: I'm not on any rooftop. The End.)

My question today:
Do you Pinterest?

If you Pinterest, come on by and follow me! Leave a comment here or on my Pinterest profile, and I will come by and follow you as well! Let's get pinning together!

If you’d like to participate in Aloha Friday, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at today's installation of Aloha Friday at An Island Life. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!

12 comments:

Forgetfulone said...

I just started Pinterest, but I'm not a huge fan of it... yet.

Stacy Uncorked said...

I've only heard about them today, so I haven't checked it out yet...I'll get around to it, I'm sure! ;) Have a great weekend! :)

Aloha: Hot Boredom

I am Harriet said...

Sorry :)

Have a great weekend!

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

No, I have been hearing people talk about this and vaguely intrigued. Not sure if I have time for another something to keep track of and do.

~ Noelle said...

not a clue...
must check it out... NOW

Devan @ Accustomed Chaos said...

i love pinterest. love. like obsession :) The inspiring things you can find there (cooking, crafting, wardrobe) is really awesome!

The Rheinlander's said...

Nope... don't even know what it is.

JamericanSpice said...

No. I don't. I have no idea what it is really.

Aloha!

simplycathi said...

I just joined Pinterest this week. So far I love it but haven't quite figured it out. I'm not sure how to pin on my specific boards. I'll come follow you!

Alicia said...

Wow..that sounds like a good site! I'm going over there!! LOL. I am so not a DIY person, or creative for that matter!

Becca said...

I think I have an account on there but I have never really used it.

kailani said...

I've never even heard of it before but it sounds really cool!


Kailani
An Island Life

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...