So, I thought it would be a great idea to share some of my telltale signs. Seeing as there may be a reader out there who's pregnant and needs to feel like she’s not alone, or even a reader who needs a 'reality check' in order to fight the ‘I-Want-Another-Baby-Even-Though-I-Said-I-Was-Done” urge. I mean, you never know, right?
I Know I’m In My Third Trimester When…
- I Have Bad Body Odor – I smell horrendous. Like, when you walk by someone in the store and have to hold your breath to pass them kind of horrendous
- I Start Shaving By Feel – Grooming you-know-what has gotten so ridiculous, I’m considering going full ‘school girl’! Eeeew! Using a mirror doesn’t help because my belly casts a shadow and I can’t see a dang thing. But because my vanity refuses to have me looking like Big Foot in the Delivery Room, I will continue to groom... and go cross-eyed in the process
- I Have Good Posture – My old piano teacher would be proud: The baby’s so big now, I can’t slump over when I sit – but not for lack of trying. When I do, she makes it a point to let me know she doesn’t appreciate it by stretching, turning, punching and kicking me to the point of extreme discomfort. Ouch!
- I Start Peeing Myself - Whenever I cough or sneeze, that’s what happens. Or when the baby is literally stomping on or punching me in the bladder. Rude.
- I Begin Bumping Into Things With My Belly – This generally includes corners, open drawers, doors, and my son’s head
- I Have Swollen Everything - And when I say everything, I mean everything
- I Have Feet Like My Husband’s - Because I can’t reach them to take care of them
- I'm Out of Breath – I’m out of breath from doing everything - including breathing
- I Can't Sleep – I can’t seem to find a comfortable position anymore. Even using ten pillows… Okay, that’s an exaggeration… it’s more like 20...
- I Start Thinking About Labor – Now that the weeks are dwindling down, I can’t help but think more and more about it! The biggest and most worrisome thought? THE PAIN.