Monday, July 18, 2011

No New Clothes For Mommy

womens clothes closet
This is not my closet. Photo by Rubbermaid Products
HBL and I are on a mission to improve our financial life. We got rid of all but one of our credit cards, are on a budget and pay cash for everything. And so far, so good. Cash spending has been great for our peace of mind. It's really been a win/win situation for us... but not for my closet.

Unfortunately,  I love to shop. A. Lot. Whether it's fifty cents or fifty dollars, I'm so there. My guilty pleasure? Clothes. And bags. And shoes. You know, the essentials?

Luckily for my husband, since we're on a budget and I’m pregnant, clothes shopping is at a bare minimum. But wouldn't you know that every time I go to the store, something calls out to me? “Jennifer? Jeeeennifer? Look at me! You know you want me! I’d look great on you!” Stupid clothes.

Oh, what a sad, sad day it is when a woman cannot bend to impulse and buy some clothing.

(Cue: Violins)

Excuse me, it’s just too hard. I’m gonna go drown myself in a bag of pistachios while wearing a burlap sack. See you guys later -  wearing the same thing.

4 comments:

Annette Piper said...

I'm like that with gems. Like as if I don't have boxes upon boxes upon boxes of the little beauties waiting for me to do something with them... but its sooo hard to resist their siren call...

Alicia said...

LOL..well, at least it's a little easier to hold back while you're pregnant!! But, I know there are tons of cute prego clothes these days!!

Veronica Lee said...

I feel your pain, sista!


OMG! You are back!!! How I missed you, my friend!

Dayna Musto said...

Hi - I'm a new follower. We are also on a no credit card budget. It's tough I know. You should have a business on the side like I do. The money I make goes to shoes and purses. It keeps me sane.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...