Then a ding dang food commercial comes on. And you think, “Oooh, that looks good.” Then the dialogue starts playing in your head:
|Photo by Keturah Stickann|
“Don’t you dare go into the kitchen!”
"What? I wasn't planning on it."
“Your diet! Think about your dieeet!”
“Just a handful of nuts – they're healthy...”
“But nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!”
“Do we have ice cream?”
"Don't. Do. It."
If you find yourself fighting your mind time and again, I’m here to tell you to stop. Those gurus out there are always telling us that in order to have inner peace, our minds and bodies have to work together. Well, if that’s not an invitation, I don’t know what is! So quit fighting your Inner Snacker and be at peace with your stomach! Get around the confusion and follow these easy steps to a session of late night eating!
- Go to the kitchen
- Get your hidden stash of chocolate/Cheetos behind the canned corn
- If you don’t have a Secret Stash or still don’t know what you want to eat, open the door to your pantry or refrigerator and let your eyes wander
- If at any point you say to yourself, “Why am I doing this? This is so unhealthy!” then read this article I found on Yahoo! this afternoon saying that people who live into their 100’s are just as unhealthy as we are! It should talk you off the ledge
- Once you decide what to eat (chocolate chip cookie/make yourself a ham sandwich/dig into the cold leftovers), make sure you eat it standing up, at the sink
- Avoid watching yourself eat in any reflective surface
- Go back to the couch and sit
- Repeat if necessary
See? Easy as pie. Now, go eat one!