Friday, October 28, 2011

The French - AF


According to An Island Life: 

"In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response."


I’ve been semi-obsessed with the French and the French way of life since I had to choose my elective language class in the 7th grade. As far as my thirteen-year-old self was concerned, the French had it right: French fries, French braids, French bread and the ever whispered about French kiss.

When I finally got to travel there on my honeymoon, I thought I'd magically turn into a fancy French person as soon as I stepped off the plane. Instead, I was a tourist (?!) who had jet lag and spoke terrible french (that's NOT how it sounds when I speak french in my head!)!

I did eventually get to luxuriate in all of that French culture, but it took a while. Because of that, I've decided the next time I visit, I’m gonna do it differently: I’ll transform into a fancy French person during the final descent of the plane ride…

My question today:

Have you ever dreamed of doing something all your life, 
but when you finally got to do it, it was not what you expected? 


If you’d like to participate in Aloha Friday, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at today's installation of Aloha Friday at An Island Life. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...