Thursday, December 29, 2011

Forgetting A Special Day - AF


According to An Island Life: 

"In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response."


I am a terrible wife: I forgot my husband’s birthday. 

The worst part? If our roles were reversed, I’d most likely be a screeching banshee, cursing and crying, stomping my feet all over the place, wailing over the injustice of bearing a man’s children only to have him forget my birthday.

H.O.R.R.I.B.L.E.

And the knife twist in the heart? My poor, loving HBL had to sit me down at the end of the evening and communicate calmly that he was a little bothered that I hadn’t wished him a Happy Birthday.

Aaaarrrgghhhllllgglglgggggllllarrrhhhaaaarrrggghhh!!!!

I cried from the guilt. I owe him. BIG.


My question today:

Have you ever forgotten a birthday or anniversary? 
(Someone out there please say “yes” so I don’t feel like a complete idiot here…)



If you’d like to participate in Aloha Friday, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at today's installation of Aloha Friday at An Island Life. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...