Thursday, January 5, 2012

Cake Mends All Offenses: The Kitchen Sink v3

Ah, it’s a terrific feeling, being forgiven for forgetting a husband’s birthday. Especially when there’s cake eating involved.

HBL forgave me for forgetting his birthday and didn’t hold the slightest grudge! Thank the Lord he’s mature, huh? Though, I think it helped that I surprised him with a homemade chocolate and peanut butter frosted chocolate cake, decorations and The Beatles singing “Happy Birthday” to him the next day.

The kids and I sat at the dinner table waiting for HBL to come home from work so we could yell, “Surprise!” As soon as he walked into the room, Monkey went bananas, The Beatles did their thing, and I could see a little twinkle in HBL's eyes. I think he appreciated the gesture - even if it was a day late.



























It was a good day.

… But not so much for my sink:



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...