Monday, April 30, 2012

Go Ahead And Dream: My Grandma Said So

*I wrote this all the way back in February, but for whatever reason, never got the chance to post it, so here it is! Here's to a new week!


Last week was a whirlwind of rekindled dreams, real life and clarity.

I've been preparing for an audition - my first in a year and a half. Getting back into the groove, thinking like an actor again, going back to dance class - it's tough. My insecurities began to rear their ugly heads and I've been really hard on myself.

But then I talked to my grandma over the phone yesterday afternoon and she reminded me of what is truly important in life.

beautyfilledlife.com

It is way too easy for me to get down on myself and isolate. Too easy to create my own little bleak, gray world - bored, scared, hungry for something. But I have to stop the insanity! I've got to enjoy my life where I am and as I am. Instead of giving in to fear, I have to focus on who and what brings me love, peace and joy, because my life, our lives - and the dreams we have - are a gift! 

Thanks for the reminder, Grandma!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...