Thursday, June 14, 2012

Cleaning Out My Picture Files: TKS v18

I tried. I think I succeeded in getting rid of TWO HUNDRED pictures. But this is the number I started out with:



I got rid of a bunch of duplicates, a bunch of blurry pictures, but other than that, I had a hard time ignoring the voices in my head saying: “Don’t get rid of that picture, once you get rid of it, it’s gone FOREVER” or “Don’t get rid of these pictures yet. Just put them aside and make a cool collage. PROJECT!” and “Ooooh! Look at how tiny Monkey/Baby Girl used to be! You can’t get that back if you delete it!”

Etcetera, etcetera and so forth.

So. What do I do? What do YOU do? I’m running out of space on my hard drive and before you go suggesting an external hard drive, I HAD one, but it just died. And thank God I didn’t use it except to back up my computer. If I used it as a place to store my photos and music, I wouldn’t be alive today to write this post.

I figure I only have two real options. Buy a new laptop with a H-YOWGE amount of space, or upgrade the memory on this baby (if it’s even possible). I lean toward the first. I like them fancy and new.

In the meantime, what can I do to save my memories? Precious memories, like of this sink:



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...