Monday, August 27, 2012

Love Thyself: A Pact


This weekend, my sister and I made a pact. We are NOT going to talk badly about our bodies to each other or to our own selves.

I can tell you right now that that’s gonna be difficult for me because it is waaay too easy for me to look in the mirror and verbally abuse myself. Por ejemplo:

  • Gah, I’m so fat.
     
  • I CAN’T FIT INTO A SIZE ZERO? I’m doomed.
     
  • Stupid stretch marks.
     
  • My boobs are flapjacks.
     
  • My face. What’s happening?!
     
  • Why is everything so saggy?
     
  • I hate my hair.

See? VERY easy.

But saying those kinds of things to myself doesn’t make any sense at all when so many people in my life are ill or have been touched by serious illness. Geez, I’M ALIVE and I’m grown! It’s time to be happy living in my own skin!

So I’m going to do this for two reasons: 1.) I don’t want to waste any more of my days hating myself for not being whatever it is I think I should be and 2.) I don’t want Princess Baby to hear me talk badly about myself and inadvertently teach her do the same thing to herself! Not my perfect baby girl!

So I say no more! No more negative self-talk! No more deflecting compliments I receive! No more talking down to myself! No more (removes bra, throws it into the burning heap)!

Will you make a pact with me and stop this insanity? 
You are BEAUTIFUL! Let’s love ourselves!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...