Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Lazy Man’s Meal Planning

I’ve always been interested in the whole ‘meal planning’ thing. I know that it helps save time by eliminating having to think about what to make for dinner, and I know it helps you shop smarter, therefore saving you money. So I tried it once. And failed miserably.

But I'm not a quitter. Especially when it comes to laziness and food.

Determined to understand this thing, I tried to read through all the proper how-to's out there. But I still couldn't understand the process (mostly 'cause after reading the first couple sentences of these "easy" guides, my eyes began to cross, and I'd have to take a break by reading all the legit celebrity "news" on Just Jared...).

So I made up a way to do it. And I LOVE it. But that's because MY version of meal planning (which could actually be how meal planning works, but again, I wouldn’t know because I'm too lazy to read through an article) requires only a handful of steps. Check it out and see if maybe this system would work for you!

The Lazy Man’s Meal Planning Guide 
  1. Find a piece of paper 
  2. Find a pen 
  3. Look in your fridge or freezer 
    1. Make a mental note of all the meat you have in there 
    2. Make a mental note of all the veggies you have in there 
  4. Look in your pantry 
    1. Make a mental note of all the stuff you have in there 
  5. Look
Crap, that’s way too many steps when I already proclaimed that this was the LAZY man’s way of doing things. So here, look at my picture and get a sense of how I did things:


See? Envelope and pen. Write down all the meat. Write down all the ways I know how to make that meat that uses the stuff I already have in my fridge and pantry. Number all the meals I can make. On any given night, make one of the meals. Cross it off the list when done.

BOOM. Enjoy all that extra time and money I just saved you.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...